9 months - 39 pounds lost

Options
lindseymruth
lindseymruth Posts: 28 Member
9 months ago today I joined myfitnesspal. I didn't even take before pictures because I had no confidence that it would work. I was 165 pounds... still carrying around an extra 30 pounds from being pregnant with my 6 year old! I had been a stay at home mom which left me to be more sedentary and snack on junk food all day. I was fat, tired and miserable. I hated how I looked but was too lazy to do anything about it for SO long. Then one day I saw the picture below. I was at my heaviest and I was disgusted with that picture!! Did I really look like that?!! How did I let myself get out of control?? So I joined myfitnesspal and I started walking. I walked 3 miles a day every day with my dog. I ate 1200 calories and I lost weight and I felt great. Then I got a job as a lunch lady which is a VERY tough job! EXHAUSTING!! I lost even MORE weight. I bumped my calories up every plateau I hit and I was still losing weight! I was gaining muscle by working, I was getting over 10,000 steps in every day and I was loving how my body looked for the first time in a REALLY long time! So here we are today. 39 pounds lighter and healthier than I have ever been. I'm so extremely grateful that I found this website. It changed my life.
Starting weight and pant size 165 a size 14.
Current weight and pant size 126 a size 4!!

945942_10152808331810177_315562418_n.jpg

Replies

• Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Wow! You were beautiful before but gorgeous now....great job:flowerforyou:
  • kegger1997
    kegger1997 Posts: 74
    Options
    what an inspiration. thank you for sharing.
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous and I'm sure you feel great!!! So you lost at 1200 cals? Were you pretty consistent with that? When I was doing 1200 cals, everyone told me I needed to eat more. Congrats on your success!!!
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Woot Woot, welcome to 39 lbs gone!!
  • lindseymruth
    lindseymruth Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous and I'm sure you feel great!!! So you lost at 1200 cals? Were you pretty consistent with that? When I was doing 1200 cals, everyone told me I needed to eat more. Congrats on your success!!!

I started at 1200 calories but when I started doing more activity I hit a plateau and everyone told me to bump up my calories. I was like "Eat more to lose?! That doesn't make any sense!" BUT it totally worked. So with every bit more of activity I added I bumped up my calories. I now work 6 hours on my feet all day, run 1-2 miles 6 days a week and get about 15,000 steps a day in and I'm eating 2100 calories. :)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    What???!!!!????? 39 pounds---that's nothing less than tremendous and you look super gorgeous! I'm sooooo proud of you and thank you so much for posting--you've encouraged and inspired me big time--WOOT!!!!! :love: :drinker: :love:

ETA You know what else is fabulous? That you're walking your beloved dog for so long too...that's terrific for BOTH of you all---YAY!!!!
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. I have bumped my cals up to 1600. I aim for between 1500-1600. I've lost 10 pounds so far, but I would like to lose about 20-25 more. I am also doing 30 Day Shred about 3-4 times a week... How long did it take you?
  • FitFunFabulousNicole
    FitFunFabulousNicole Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! So awesome! You CAN eat more to lose!! You look FANTASTIC!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Amazing results, congrats!!!
  • Casilibre
    Casilibre Posts: 21
    Options
    Amazing! You look great! We have a lot in common, I was about the same starting weight, same pants size. I'd been carrying around weight I'd gained from having my daughter, who just turned five. I was also disgusted. I also started eating around 1300 cal & started walking 3 miles every day with my two big dogs! Crazy! I am also getting good results, and hope to be where you're at! A true inspiration! :)
  • jalbert86
    jalbert86 Posts: 7
    Options
    you look great! if i may ask what is your normal diet routine? i am at a start weight of 162... ive actually lost a pound so 161 now. you are a great inspiration because i feel i am at the same body type as your start picture now and hope to look like your current in 9 months as well! i am keeping at the 1200 calories but my problem is i just dont know where to start at the grocery store! do you still eat the same things just in smaller portions or did you begin to have a healthier diet too? thanks!!
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation!!! You look wonderful and have really taken control of your health. Thank you for sharing.
  • Miss_Krissy87
    Miss_Krissy87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Awesome job congrats!
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    <3 your story and your pics! look amazing and so glad your feeling better all around! Congrats on the success :D
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!!
  • loriwhitefaith
    loriwhitefaith Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS-VERY TOUCHING AND INSPIRING:smile:
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Wow this is an amazing transfermation! congrats and Kudos to you!!!
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You look amazing Im hoping to lose my last 18lbs by dec of this year,wow 39lbs in 9 months kudos to you.My total wieght loss after those 18lbs will be around 40 gone,wieght was from my pregnancies ,my daughters are 14 months and oldest turn s 3 aug 10th.Since Jan lost 23 lbs feeling great.:smile:
  • bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    love it love it love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You look fabulous:heart:
    well done - how nice to be at this stage in your life and have excellent health:smile:
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!