A year of Healthy changes makes the world of difference.

Options
Simone_King
Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
Honestly, I haven't gotten to my true weight goal. However, it's been a year and I have successfully lost 38 pounds! Without, MPF, I wouldn't have made it here. This side it truly a life savor for me. I haven't a clue where I would be today if joelovescarmen didn't show and convinced me to join.

Before my weight lost I have tried (with mothers help of course) to lose the weight. I think I started out around 250. Not to sure. I lost some weight. I began to really weighed myself at 239. Lost about 9 to 10 pounds but always managed to regain all of that. Since the site, I have managed to lose 38 pounds and keep it off!

Yes, I am not done but it's been a year of successes! Now I have a few more to go before I am truly done.

Keep in mind my weight lost has slowed down because I was diagnosed with PCOS and put on birth control.

In with that, I take breaks from this and go on vacation. x_X That sets me back a bit.

However, I won't change this weight loss for nothing. My biggest change is the fact my feet.

They no longer hurt me anymore. Even after a long day at work. I walk all the day long.

I haven't a clue if the pictures will work. I will try

005_by_simoneking-d64l1ut.jpg What I look like today

me_by_simoneking-d503uin.jpg Before my weight lost

Pictures are edited!

Replies

• katescountdown
    katescountdown Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and should be so proud!
    You've had a great year!
    Kate
  • GeekAmour
    GeekAmour Posts: 262
    Options
    Congratulations! You've done so well you need new clothes; I wouldn't be surprised if you're a size smaller than what you are wearing in your "now" photo; a good excuse to go shopping! ;)
  • Simone_King
    Options
    The pants in the now photo is a size 16 misses. (They are new!) My mom may need to tag them..again.

The shirt? Yeah it needs to be retried. When I get the money. It still has a few years left in it!

As to my size. I started out in a size 18 W to a 20 W

Now, I am between a size 16 and 18 misses. I am too afraid still to go smaller.

However, yes, shopping is needed. When all of this is over and I got the money.
  • GeekAmour
    Options
    The pants in the now photo is a size 16 misses. (They are new!) My mom may need to tag them..again.

The shirt? Yeah it needs to be retried. When I get the money. It still has a few years left in it!

As to my size. I started out in a size 18 W to a 20 W

Now, I am between a size 16 and 18 misses. I am too afraid still to go smaller.

However, yes, shopping is needed. When all of this is over and I got the money.

I totally understand being scared to go smaller but I swear, you'll be surprised! I'm a big fan of thrifting & love buying unique stuff for CHEAP, so I would recommend that to anyone, but know it's not for everyone...!

Even if you just have a window shopping day & try on all sorts of things, you'll get a good idea of what REALLY fits you now, & what looks good! No need to hide all your hard work! Well done again. :)
  • Simone_King
    Options
    I totally understand being scared to go smaller but I swear, you'll be surprised! I'm a big fan of thrifting & love buying unique stuff for CHEAP, so I would recommend that to anyone, but know it's not for everyone...!

I will try it but I like new clothes. There mere fact someone else had the pants just doesn't sit well with me. Though I have to do something, before I run out of pants. I am down to three.

But really the pants are new! I just bought them about a 2 weeks ago!

Tractor supply store.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • strawberryjellybaby
    strawberryjellybaby Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look so much better. You are clearly in it for the long haul and have shown the commitment! Keep taking pictures for the difficult days.
  • Simone_King
    Options
    Thank you everyone ^^.
  • FitFunFabulousNicole
    FitFunFabulousNicole Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    38 Pounds!! AWESOME! Job - You look FAB!
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Your new and improved arms look fabulous!
  • Simone_King
    Options
    Your new and improved arms look fabulous!

lol Ty. Honestly on the weekend I muck out horse stalls. I haven't even done a thing to them..
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    bump

Because it truly takes a year to make good habits stick not some starvation diet for 4 months (you look great!)
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! Congrats!!! Cheers to another year of wonderful successes!
  • Simone_King
    Options
    bump

Because it truly takes a year to make good habits stick not some starvation diet for 4 months (you look great!)

Thank you so much. ^^

And thank you Sandram
  • GeekAmour
    Options

I will try it but I like new clothes. There mere fact someone else had the pants just doesn't sit well with me. Though I have to do something, before I run out of pants. I am down to three.

But really the pants are new! I just bought them about a 2 weeks ago!

Tractor supply store.

Truly, you'd be surprised what you can find - I had an oppy jaunt (opshop, that's what we call thrift stores here) a couple of days ago & bought a brand new pair of jeans with the retail tags still attached for $8 - they retail for $130! The "other people have worn it" thing doesn't bother me; that's what I have a washing machine for lmao, plus I love all things vintage so if I had that hangup my house & my wardrobe would be empty!

I believe you that they're new - but I think you should have tried the next size down! Give it a whirl next time, for me. ;)
  • Simone_King
    Options
    I believe you that they're new - but I think you should have tried the next size down! Give it a whirl next time, for me. ;)

I will. Again, when I get enough money for clothes. I think right now I may go out and buy a few shirts. Everything is getting old.
  • Simone_King
    Options
    bump.
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!