What is the matter with people.

Options
MouseTmom
MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
Ok - pet peeve rant!!! People who do not pay attention and enter food nutrition facts wrong - or enter duplicates- are driving me crazy!! Granted it is not a far drive but how hard can it be to enter numbers directly from the nutrition facts on the packaging???? I find this constantly. And PAY ATTENTION to serving sizes - ABOUT 2 servings is NOT the same as 2 servings - sometimes it equals 2.5 servings. And why do you keep entering the same foods over and over - same nutrition facts just entered multiple times. And when you post a recipe tell the serving size and calorie count per serving. Please help me avoid that drive to CRAZY land!!!! OK, rant is over!!! :grumble:

Replies

• JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    You could always enter your own food and nutrition info. If you do it that way you have complete control over it and do not have to stress about others doing it wrong. :smile:
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Meh
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    sometimes i wonder if people are doing it because they are lying to themselves.

craziest thing i saw was a mcdonald's mcgriddle listed as 150 calories :laugh:
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    You could always enter your own food and nutrition info. If you do it that way you have complete control over it and do not have to stress about others doing it wrong. :smile:

^
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    sometimes i wonder if people are doing it because they are lying to themselves.

craziest thing i saw was a mcdonald's mcgriddle listed as 150 calories :laugh:

I was thinking the same thing, I started checking what they have listed against what's on my package because so many of them list protein a bit under or over and sodium and fat and calories grrr.. it's like they do it on purpose to make the food fit into their day so silly
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Because sometimes nutrition labels change. Sometimes people are lazy. Sometimes they have to make adjustments to subtract sugar alcohols.

Did you know the nutrition information for a Snickers bar changed? Did you know that sometimes about two servings really is two servings? How would you suggest accounting for a food that sometimes has two servings and sometimes has two and a half? How big is a piece of cake? Does it really matter if you have to spend two minutes finding the one that fits your needs? You never have to search for it again because it is in your recent food list.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Meh

This perfect response :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    :indifferent: I always enter/log/look up "asparagus, raw or radishes, raw, etc." I find those the most accurate.
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    Do you really have a pet opposum?
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I love it when someone edits and added (correct) to the title but it is wrong, I have the package in my hand and use another one which is perfect.
    I am thankful for people who add (Canada) to their entries as we seem to have different serving sizes or slight differences to make our numbers different.
    Yes, I agree, the number of duplicate entries is really annoying.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    7784706.jpg
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    worry about u
    not what others do "wrong"
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    7784706.jpg
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Does it really matter if you have to spend two minutes finding the one that fits your needs? You never have to search for it again because it is in your recent food list.
    Actually, yes, you do have to search for it again. Unless there's something I'm missing, my Recent Foods list is limited to a few short pages, and foods I don't eat every day or even every week get bumped off all the time.

That being said, yes, labels change from time to time, and from region to region, but there's NO SUCH THING AS A 35-CALORIE EGG! At least not a chicken egg. Why is that in the database? :P

I stick to the USDA/confirmed entries as much as possible. I only wish I could sort them to the top... The setting is there, but it doesn't work. At least I assume that's what "Relevance" means, since those entries are the ones that are most relevant to me.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    7784706.jpg

Is this the kid of the kid from Jerry Maguire??!?
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    -
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Interesting pet peeve... I'm just glad someone was kind enough to enter it so I don't have to, lol. Long live the bloated Food Database! :)
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Ok - pet peeve rant!!! People who do not pay attention and enter food nutrition facts wrong - or enter duplicates- are driving me crazy!! Granted it is not a far drive but how hard can it be to enter numbers directly from the nutrition facts on the packaging???? I find this constantly. And PAY ATTENTION to serving sizes - ABOUT 2 servings is NOT the same as 2 servings - sometimes it equals 2.5 servings. And why do you keep entering the same foods over and over - same nutrition facts just entered multiple times. And when you post a recipe tell the serving size and calorie count per serving. Please help me avoid that drive to CRAZY land!!!! OK, rant is over!!! :grumble:

I get annoyed at this on occasion as well. However, keep in mind, sometimes manufacturers change the formulas to keep costs down or to appease the masses. This can result in changes to the nutrition info. That may explain why SOME of the multiple entries with different information exist.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    -

come on... dont hold back, get it all out!
  • Dr_Waffles
    Dr_Waffles Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    7784706.jpg

Is this the kid of the kid from Jerry Maguire??!?

No, he's the one that didn't get the role. That's why he is crying.