Guacamole recipie

Options
I'm looking for a new guacamole recipie if anyone out there has one. Nothing real high in salt though.
Thanks
Jessica

Replies

• melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Guacamole Printer Version
    Lacto Ovo – 0 Carb Choices
    © 1965-2013

This is a great guacamole recipe, simple to make, tasty to serve. Sodium is low, most of the fat comes from the avocado - which is not saturated. Enjoy at parties with saltless chips like the Kettle No Salt, Trader Joe's No Salt chips. You can get No-Salt chips from Healthy Heart Market. This recipe based on one avocado. Just double everything once or twice for a larger group.

Makes 1 cup (16 tablespoons)

Nutritional Information
    Sodium Per Recipe: 56.1 mg
    Sodium Per tablespoon: 3.507 mg

Per Serving:
    Calories: 25.3
    Protein: .41 g
    Carbohydrate: 1.718 g
    Dietary Fiber: .707 g
    Total Sugars: 0 g
    Total Fat: 2.091 g
    Saturated Fat: .41 g
    Monounsat Fat: 1.217 g
    Polyunsat Fat; .232 g
    Cholesterol: .625 mg
    Calcium: 2.919 mg
    Potassium: 89.3 mg
    Sodium: 3.507 mg
    Vitamin K: .37 mcg

Ingredients•1 ripe medium California avocado (20.8 mg)
    •1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh or bottled) (3.192 mg)
    •3 tablespoons Knudsen or other light or regular sour cream with low sodium listed on package (do not use sour cream substitues) (20 mg)
    •1 Roma tomato, diced or chopped (5.58 mg)
    •1 medium onion, chopped (3.3 mg)
    •1/8 teaspoon chili powder (or more to taste)! (3.282 mg)

Crush avocado, lemon juice together with fork. When softened add in the sour cream and crush some more. Add in the tomato and onion and chili powder and stir until even distributed. Chill and serve with no salt potato or corn chips.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I just made guacamole today.
    1 avocado
    Dash of cayenne(spice of your own)
    1/4 cup greek yogurt
    Cilantro
    1/4 cup diced tomato
    1/4 cup diced onion
    Wedge of lime

Omit and add whatever you'd like! Make it your own
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Guiltless Guacamole Dip recipe:

Ingredients:
    3/4 cup broccoli florets
    1 cup fresh or frozen peas
    1 medium avocado (about 8 ounces), peeled and seeded
    1 medium tomato, diced
    1/2 red onion, finely diced
    1 green onion, trimmed and thinly sliced
    1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    4 to 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
    Salt

Directions:
    In a small saucepan, cook the broccoli in gently boiling water for about 10 minutes, until soft.
    Add the peas and simmer for about 3 minutes longer.
    Drain and cool. Transfer the broccoli and peas to a food processor; add the avocado and process until smooth.
    Scrape the mixture into a bowl. Add the tomato, red onion, green onion, jalapeno, garlic and cilantro and season to taste with limejuice and salt.
    Mix well and serve, or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
    Preparation time: 25-30 minutes. Cooking time: 13 minutes.
    Nutritional Facts: per tablespoon
    15 calories, less than 1 g. protein, 1 g. fat (percent calories from fat, 56), 2 g. carbohydrates, no cholesterol, 5 mg. sodium, 1 g. fiber.
    http://www.texmextogo.com/RecipesLite.htm#Guacamole

1/4 of an avocado contains only 2mg sodium, so not adding salt makes a big difference. With the addition of other spices for flavor it cuts the sodium to a lower level!
    http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/generic/avacado/

Enjoy!
  • fivecardstud
    Options
    Great thank you! They all sound yummy!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Guacamole is simple, made some tonight.

1 avocado, diced
    1 diced medium roma tomato
    1 handful chopped cilantro
    a few stalks of green onion chopped up
    Salt
    Pepper
    Juice from one lime, or more

I also sometimes add in a dash or two of chipotle tabasco or chipotle cholula

That's it, just mix everything together and eat it. No need to mess it up with silly extenders.
  • beecee13
    beecee13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Tried this one from Eating Well a few weeks ago and I really enjoyed it. Lower cal too with the use of zucchini (you don't even taste the difference) so you're able to eat more!

Ingredients
    1 large zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
    1 large ripe avocado, cubed
    1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
    1/4 cup finely chopped onion
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    2 tablespoons lime juice
    1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco, or more to taste
    1/4 teaspoon salt

Preparation
    Place zucchini in a microwave-safe dish, cover with a damp paper towel and microwave on High until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain in a sieve, pressing lightly on the zucchini to extract any liquid.
    Transfer the zucchini to a large bowl; add avocado, cilantro, onion, garlic, lime juice, hot sauce and salt and coarsely mash until combined.

Here's the link: http://mobile.eatingwell.com/recipes/skinny_guacamole.html
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    2 Avocados
    1 small Roma, diced
    2TBSP Red onion
    Chopped Cilanto to taste (i Use 2TBSP)
    Juice of 1/2 a lime
    dash or Worcestershire sauce as well as Frank's Red Hot (or similar)
    Salt and Pepper to taste.
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I just mash up an avocado and add some taco sauce or salsa to it, easy and taste as good the "real" stuff :-)
  • kaylindeschanel
    kaylindeschanel Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    1322650.jpeg

Ingredients:
    3 ripe avocados, mashed
    2 roma tomatoes, diced
    1/2 large red onion, diced
    1/2 large jalapeño, ribbed, seeded (optional) and diced
    1 1/2 lime, juiced*
    Coarse pink himalayan sea salt
    1-2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped (I LOVE cilantro – so I go heavy handed here)
    1 large garlic clove, minced
    Instructions:
    Cut avocados, remove pits and mash avocados thoroughly. Watch this video on how to cut open an avocado.
    Halve limes and squeeze the juice of each half at a time. The trick is to taste as you go, adding more lime juice as needed. I find that one good, juicy lime is the perfect ratio per two medium avocados. A good lime has about 2 tablespoons of juice in it. Sometimes you’ll meet a stubborn little bugger that gives you hardly any juice. Always be prepared with extra limes and taste as you go.
    Add diced tomatoes, onions, jalapeños, garlic and mix well. If you like it extra spicy, add more jalapeños.
    Add fresh cilantro and sea salt to taste (I usually add about 1 tsp salt and 2 tbsp cilantro).
    Serve and enjoy immediately with your favorite gluten-free organic tortilla chips or, my personal pick, sweet potato and root chips. Yummmmmm!
  • donnakcraig
    donnakcraig Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just add 1/4 one to my salad each day but it is good in Mexican chicken soup as well
  • Megz2006
    Megz2006 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later. I have an avocado I need to use!
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    yay! another win for me! I just tried guacamole at work for the first time today and fell for it instantly. it was a bit spicy and i was going to look for a milder recipe... now I have a whole selection to choose from. really glad i joined MFP.
  • joyce0624
    joyce0624 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Jmcsoccergirl
    Jmcsoccergirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just dice 1 roma tomato, mash up 1 avocado and add as much lemon juice as needed. Simple and tastes great.
  • deadbambi
    deadbambi Posts: 368
    Options
    KILLER Guac Recipe: 2 avo's, mashed. 1/2 cup of Greek Sour Cream, a handful of baby shrimp (chop it into mushy bits), a tablespoon of Franks red hot, some chilli peppers, a tablespoon of lemon juice, and a sprinkle of greek seasoning! Mix it all up and omg. OMG. So good!!!!!