Fellow nurses?

Options
I am looking for fellow nurses that log regularly and are active in MFP. For positive support. That also have their diary open to public.

I am tired of being that nurse that preaches healthy living to patients but doesn't follow it. So I have changed my life around and trying to live my teaching. Hoping to find ways to eat healthier. Hence the open diary. I have so many "bad" food choices even when I stay in my allow calorie range. I tried to motivate fellow nurses at work but too many never log in. Been going at this strong for 190 days.

About me: ER RN night nurse for 3 yrs currently
was a LPN before that for 3 yrs Long Term care/wound/skilled

Replies

• rkoverstreet
    rkoverstreet Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi.Nice to see others in the medical field here for a change.Hope to chat soon.
  • meggyshae
    meggyshae Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I graduate nursing school this December. Feel free to add!
  • FussBucket
    FussBucket Posts: 29
    Options
    Me too! Add me. :) I log in frequently and I am losing weight with my food choices.
  • MarisaDLS2
    MarisaDLS2 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yes, x 29 yrs, last 22 yrs part-time ED. Food/exercise diary is open. :smile:
  • sgsill
    sgsill Posts: 9
    Options
    4 years as a night shift LTC LVN. working on trying to go back for my RN soon!!! Feel free to add me.
  • Livingdeadnurse
    Livingdeadnurse Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    okay i think i added everyone...if I missed ya send me a request
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Maternity/women's health nurse here, in Canada.
    Feel free to add me if you'd like

Diary is open!
  • Livingdeadnurse
    Options
    Also looking for fellow nurses to add on FITBIT. If you have one and want to be able to compare and motivate each other. Add me

http://www.fitbit.com/user/25HVVH
  • laurieagain09
    laurieagain09 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am in nursing school right now. I graduate in a year. Currently work night shifts as a CNA.
  • brendabuffington10
    brendabuffington10 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I been a nurse for 18 years. I worked in management for 15 years in a long term care facility and when my job got eliminated I got a position working as a staff RN in a rehab facility. I absolutely love it and do a lot of teaching on nutrition and healthy eating. Often I stop and think to myself "why are you not taking your own advice"
  • ccharlesrn
    ccharlesrn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, Happy Nurses week! I definitely want to join the crusade. I see people deal with their issues all the time and I want to be healthier soooo bad! It is difficult to deal with, but I have those goals!
  • Missyb322
    Missyb322 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hey...nice to meet you. Have been a nurse for 25 yrs and am finally getting the meaning of healthy eating. It takes awhile. Feel free to add me...Take care
  • Livingdeadnurse
    Options
    Some how I lost this thread...and just now found it again. If I have already added you disregard this. If not add me...sad I have been at this for almost a year and still i get lost.