New and looking to lose 30 pounds in 4 months

Options
Hey everyone I'm new to the site I'm 21 and weighing 163 looking to drop 30 pounds by August. But I have no idea how many calories to be consuming etc. please help !

Replies

• amtzfamly
    amtzfamly Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi Maeg,

don't think of MFP as a quick weight loss plan. Think of it as an change in eating habit. Otherwise, you might gain the weight back. Just don't go below 1200 cal/day.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    There is no way in hell to safely lose that much weight that fast, try setting a reasonable goal. You can lose 2 or 3 lbs. a month by eating sensibly and exercising.
  • CatMcCheesey
    Options
    Read all the stickies in the general diet and weight loss help section of the community tab.
  • GODfidence
    GODfidence Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    There is no way in hell to safely lose that much weight that fast, try setting a reasonable goal. You can lose 2 or 3 lbs. a month by eating sensibly and exercising.
    Yea right.
    30 pounds in 4 months =7.5 pounds,per month =1.85 pounds,per week..
    Completely POSSIBLE and reasonable.
    Work hard,stay within your calories,and don't give up.
    You can do this.
    Figure out your TDEE and BMR and figure out what route to take,
    Tdee- a certain percentage or bmr plus exercise.
    Good luck!
  • ForABetterMe89
    Options
    Realistically you should be able to lost 1 lb per week. Some weeks you can lose more some weeks less. This will put you at about 16 lbs if you start today and end in the first week of August. While it is possible to lose 30 lbs in 4 months, it'll be difficult. Eat healthy and exercise.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options

Pretty much untrue depending on your current BF%. If you're already close to goal and trying to lean out, that's one thing...

If you're more overweight than you care to admit and just want to drop some weight, 30 pounds is not going to be easy, but it is achievable.
  • His_Buttercup2015
    His_Buttercup2015 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've lost 13 pounds since March 25th. But I've got about another 40 to lose on top of that. All I've done is change how and what I eat and ride a stationary bike 10-20 minutes a day.
    If you eating unhealthy (which I was) and not exercising (I wasn't) then do a 180 and do the opposite you will lose a lot at first. I know once I get down to those last pounds it'll take longer and be harder.

But it is possible!
  • TabithaMichelle85
    TabithaMichelle85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I just hit my 30 pound mark in 2 months ... I lost 12 pounds the first week just by completely changing my diet cold turkey and exercising.... no boxed dinners I prepare everything fresh. I workout and count my calories. I keep my calories count around 1290ish but I will go over it if there is a special event. You cant deprive yourself of things you want but you have to learn moderation. Thi
  • Vegamer
    Vegamer Posts: 2
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds in 10 months, without exercising AT ALL. It was all from just changing my diet. I think that losing 30 pounds in 4 months is doable, if you have a good workout and diet plan. :)