Feel lost, alone, and frustrated

Options
Not sure where to start here. I once lost 80lbs. This was about 4 years ago. Pop out a kid, have a few surgeries and bam, I'm up 60lbs again *sigh* Sunday was my baby's 3rd birthday. I just about vomitted when I saw pics of myself. The problem is I KNOW how to do this. But Monday I found my diet log from back then... on paper. And I realized, damn I really DID eat a LOT differently. AND I exercised almost daily. It was almost mind blowing because I kept saying, well I don't do anything *that* differently. And, hell I really do do things very differently. So I'm starting over. I tracked all the way back to the beginning, when I was originally 230lbs. I started off with Mayo Clinic's 3 day diet... I'm going to try that again to jump start. I hope that it jump starts me back into that mindset. I know I'm going to need support... I'm just scared it's not going to work.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Interesting what logging can reveal isn't it? Good luck!
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Not sure where to start here. I once lost 80lbs. This was about 4 years ago. Pop out a kid, have a few surgeries and bam, I'm up 60lbs again *sigh* Sunday was my baby's 3rd birthday. I just about vomitted when I saw pics of myself. The problem is I KNOW how to do this. But Monday I found my diet log from back then... on paper. And I realized, damn I really DID eat a LOT differently. AND I exercised almost daily. It was almost mind blowing because I kept saying, well I don't do anything *that* differently. And, hell I really do do things very differently. So I'm starting over. I tracked all the way back to the beginning, when I was originally 230lbs. I started off with Mayo Clinic's 3 day diet... I'm going to try that again to jump start. I hope that it jump starts me back into that mindset. I know I'm going to need support... I'm just scared it's not going to work.

your hand puts what you eat in your mouth. you can do it.
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    You want long term results then make long term changes. Not a fad yo-yo kind of diet. You said you know what to do....DO IT.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Life happens. You had a child-that's required BIG changes in your lifestyle, and you'll have to find new ways to incorporate healthy eating/exercise into your schedule. Don't beat yourself up about it. Time can get away from you, and that's okay. What matters is that you are making changes now.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    You can do this.
  • lookitsbecc
    lookitsbecc Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I lost 30lbs this time last year and I realised today that I have 15lbs back up.
    I used to calorie count everything, exercise at every opportunity, portion control everything and now I'm back to what I was BEFORE all that. Binging on anything, treating myself with things for no real reason, not even breaking a sweat in exercise. I do walk, but not for the pure goal of exercise, I do it mainly to get from A to B.
    I NEED MOTIVATION AGAIN.
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Go for it! You have our support.
    Check out 'new Rules of Weight Lifting for Women.' A book with great advice on weight/resistance training, nutrition, and programmes.
    There's also some great articles to read under the group 'Eat More 2 Weigh Less.' Crazy as this sounds lots of people are having success with this. Look them up to find out how.
    When my kids were preschoolers I would put them in the double pushchair (they became my weights) and then walked regularly, usually to Playcentre (early childhood centre.)
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I use quotes to help keep me on track

"If you did have a million-dollar racehorse, would you let him stay up half the night drinking coffee and booze, smoking cigarettes and eating junk food?" "Would you treat your 10-dollar dog or your 5-dollar cat that way? What about your billion-dollar body?"

"I workout, because I can. When I get tired, or I am short on time, or I want to quit...I think about how lucky I am to be healthy enough to workout daily. Be grateful for your health and your ability to become STRONGER. Don't ever take it for granted!"

NOTE TO SELF: When I eat like crap, I feel like crap

good on you for making a life style change, hold your head up high you can do this "Do not be discouraged by who you are at present. Be motivated by who you WILL become in the future"

anyone can add me
  • mumofzoe
    mumofzoe Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have a big picture of my 4 year old on the fridge and everytime I go to raid it I just look at her happy face & think " I can do it & I need to do it for me & her"
    You have done it once you can do it again.
    Good luck
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    You have done it before and you can do it again. As you say, you know what to do. It's hard getting out of the rut and motivating ourselves when we are feeling down and rubbish but take it one step at a time and you will get there. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • GabriellaMaria
    GabriellaMaria Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I use quotes to help keep me on track

"If you did have a million-dollar racehorse, would you let him stay up half the night drinking coffee and booze, smoking cigarettes and eating junk food?" "Would you treat your 10-dollar dog or your 5-dollar cat that way? What about your billion-dollar body?"

"I workout, because I can. When I get tired, or I am short on time, or I want to quit...I think about how lucky I am to be healthy enough to workout daily. Be grateful for your health and your ability to become STRONGER. Don't ever take it for granted!"

NOTE TO SELF: When I eat like crap, I feel like crap

good on you for making a life style change, hold your head up high you can do this "Do not be discouraged by who you are at present. Be motivated by who you WILL become in the future"

anyone can add me
    wow!!great words there!!
  • apittmanrn
    apittmanrn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You can do this. One day at a time. One meal at a time even. Good luck!!
  • echippendale
    Options
    if i can do it you certainly can, i dont deprive my self though , just eat smaller portions and fill up on salad and veg. x feel free to add me :)
  • ctinawilson
    ctinawilson Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    We're here for you! Add me, I'll support you!!

MFP will help so much, and sooner or later you'll be back on track, but remember good change takes time!
  • fattymcrunnerpants
    fattymcrunnerpants Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support/ advise :D I have heard quite a bit about The new rules of weightlifting for women. I'll definitly check it out. Today seemed to be a success, by following the outline I was able to keep within my calories even with a slip up at lunch.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    A great quote is
    "JUST DO IT. Because it may suck not being able to eat your favorite foods as much as you used to, but it sucks even more to be stuck in a body you hate"