Frustration!!

Options
I know I've not been so great with my food choices recently and I've fallen behind on my fitness "regime" but what I dont get is the weight very slowly coming off, but I don't feel as though I look any different!

I still have the stomach, the bingo wings, the thunder thighs - Would of thought at least they'd look slightly better - I've measured them all when I first started, and when I re-started exercising and there is a slight difference, but why can't I not notice it?

I imagine a lot of people feel this way and it is frustrating - and I know people say its the inches not the weight - but just when will I properly notice it - grrr!!

Replies

• ozigal
    ozigal Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    It's not that unusual for you not to see the changes yourself. Someone posted a very similar topic a little while ago:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/890815-anyone-lose-a-lot-but-not-see-a-difference-in-the-mirror

Hopefully that might help you.

I STILL don't see my weight loss when I look in the mirror but lots of people do. Friends I've known for years don't recognise me.

It seems that it takes a long time for your head to see any changes. Don't be frustrated. Just keep at it!
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Take a photo once a month. Put them in a file on your PC, and only check them each time you add a new one. At first there's no obvious difference. My husband said he could see a difference long before I could, and then suddenly in the last couple of weeks "my clothes" have seen the diffference - they keep having to go into the charity shop pile because they are too big, especially round the waist.

Exercise is definitely the way to remove the flabby bits - get a DVD with small sections so you can do a little bit at a time rather than killing yourself with an hour session (or "not having time" for one). Or get a fitness game that you enjoy like Wii Zumba. Or just go for a walk for 15 minutes, get off the bus/park further away from where you're going and walk the rest. All those little bits add up! :smile:
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the 30DS, got about 4 other fitness dvd's which I rotate, walk to work as well - so even if I don't get to exercise, I'm still walking to/from work - which takes me 30-40 minutes per day - I did do some pictures as well when I first "officially" started trying to lose weight, and then again when I re-started, but I still can't see it myself - but like you said, other people can!

Thank you for your replies :)