Friends to share the journey please

Options
Hi, I'm looking for friends to encourage/motivate and share the ups and downs please. I joined another online diet site about 6 years ago - I was stood in front of my husband and he said "let's face it, you'll never be a size 10 again"! Ha, how I proved him wrong.... I stood in front of him in my size 10 pencil skirt feeling very pleased with myself - his response: "if you lose any more weight you'll have to have a boob job" :/ Anyway, the marriage came to an end the year after I discovered his affair. Well, I'm in a relationship and happy now but have been enjoying life too much. I've put every single lb I lost back on plus a few more. So, here I am to start the journey again, but this time for me. I know how important it is to have friends to help you along the way, I have done this successfully before and will encourage and give advice when needed... Thanks :)

Replies

• shonar68
    shonar68 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I too want to get back to the weight and size that I used to be, partly for health reasons but mainly for my own confidence and self esteam. I want to feel sexy and atractive again, I have a wonderful husband who loves me the way I am, he and often tells me (when I moan about my body) that I look great for having 4 kids. But, I want to look and feel the way I did before having 4 kids lol or as close as I can get to it without tummy tuck, bum and boob implants lol. Work hard, be determined and you will get into that size 10 pencil skirt again xx
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    "We can reverse years of damage to our bodies by deciding to raise our standards for ourselves, then living differently. Old wounds heal, injuries repair, and the whole system improves with just a few changes in what we put into our bodies and how we move them."

"Be specific in what you want, and use specific words. Empower yourself, and become the person you dream about"

anyone can add me
  • rachhad123
    rachhad123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me, I need a few more friends around here on MFP. Cheers.
  • WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    he wasnt an *kitten* he was a jerk.

sorry that happened. but ill be a great help. i put quotes. least i try to keep them daily. and im on everyday. with up and downs. ^^

you got a friend here.
  • Donna811
    Donna811 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me too. x
  • YvetteDoriGreen
    Options
    Thank you - will add you all now :)
  • snowcoon
    snowcoon Posts: 50
    Options
    Hi. Feel free to add me too :) It definitely helps to have support. Good luck. We can do this! x
  • sullycc
    sullycc Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. Good luck with your journey.
  • MrsSuzyQ
    MrsSuzyQ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm looking for friends to encourage/motivate and share the ups and downs please. I joined another online diet site about 6 years ago - I was stood in front of my husband and he said "let's face it, you'll never be a size 10 again"! Ha, how I proved him wrong.... I stood in front of him in my size 10 pencil skirt feeling very pleased with myself - his response: "if you lose any more weight you'll have to have a boob job" :/ Anyway, the marriage came to an end the year after I discovered his affair. Well, I'm in a relationship and happy now but have been enjoying life too much. I've put every single lb I lost back on plus a few more. So, here I am to start the journey again, but this time for me. I know how important it is to have friends to help you along the way, I have done this successfully before and will encourage and give advice when needed... Thanks :)

It doesnt matter how secure you are as a person and in your body, when the man you love subjects you to careless vicious criticism.we harp on them and it affects us. Show me a woman who doesnt care what her man thinks about her body and I will show you an impostor.. I've been there..and it sucks.

On the upside you are happy now and are ready to feel better about yourself and for your own self.thats great.I am not ready to do it for my own self just yet..but I am ready to do it nevertheless. I wanna drop a size or two too..lets do this!!!
  • YvetteDoriGreen
    Options

It doesnt matter how secure you are as a person and in your body, when the man you love subjects you to careless vicious criticism.we harp on them and it affects us. Show me a woman who doesnt care what her man thinks about her body and I will show you an impostor.. I've been there..and it sucks.

On the upside you are happy now and are ready to feel better about yourself and for your own self.thats great.I am not ready to do it for my own self just yet..but I am ready to do it nevertheless. I wanna drop a size or two too..lets do this!!!
  • YvetteDoriGreen
    Options
    If only these men knew how much their words did affect us, especially the man who gave me my confidence back after years of being subjected to mental and physical abuse. He was the last person I expected to treat me like that. In the end you have to tell yourself that you are worth more than that.
  • vstraughan
    vstraughan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'll add you too! I'm fortunate to have a very supportive boyf but it's still amazing how much little comments (whether they're meant or not) can really impact your motivation and self-confidence.

e.g. I've always had large muscley thighs and struggle to buy jeans that will either get over them or don't make me look vacuum packed. When I put on weight I took to wearing long tunics and stretchy leggings or jeans. He tried to take me shopping as a bonus for losing some weight, told me hI should try a different look and suggested I try mens jeans as - unlike womens jeans - they're not styled to be fitted over the thigh. He thought he was being helpful and supportive. All I heard was "I don't like your clothes or how you look and you're built like a man" and burst into tears in the high street. We laugh about it now but he is very nervous about shopping with me again!
  • YvetteDoriGreen
    Options
    Honestly, sometimes they just don't have a clue ;-)
  • MrsSuzyQ
    MrsSuzyQ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Its a ridiculous pop culture reference...but remember Deuce Bigalow Male Gigolo? and how he talks about what a women really wants is for a man to make her feel good about herself..I am not saying we should pathologically depend on a man to make us feel good about us. But hey, dont make us feel otherwise..
  • YvetteDoriGreen
    Options
    Oh so true!
  • thatgirlger
    Options
    it's my first time too in this weight loss journey with MFP! I would really like it to have you as my friend :D

btw, I'm happy you're happy with your relationship now, I know your fitness will follow!
  • YvetteDoriGreen
    Options
    Thank you :) Will send request
  • timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend means well at least. he said the other day when i was frowning in the mirror "that's okay, i honestly like small boobs anyway" (I've lost ~25 lbs since we met) :-/
  • YvetteDoriGreen
    Options
    Ha ha .... well what do they say - more than a handful is a waste! Well done on your weight loss :)
  • andreabrabham
    andreabrabham Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! You can do it!