What're YOUR favorite classes?!

Options
I've recently experienced a boredom with doing my schedule of the elliptical machine, zumba, and total body conditioning.

I go to New York Sports Clubs, and they have classes that pretty much any gym could have. I'm looking to mix it up! My normal routine would be cardio for 45 minutes to an hour, and then a strength training class. Sometimes the cardio would be zumba or the elliptical, and occasionally even kickboxing.

Basically, what classes are YOUR favorites at the gym? I need to be inspired! :)

Replies

• Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    TRX and spin using a Real Ryder. Both destroy me. I love it.
  • StephanieJoDillon
    Options
    I used to take a step circuit class and it was brutal!
  • katrinajMiles
    katrinajMiles Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My gym offers a range of classes the most popular of them being Les Mills classes my favourites would have to be Body Attack and Body Pump. I think the best thing about them is the levels there are so many options and you work at your own level depending on your fitness.

I remember first starting out thinking I was going to die now I can smash out a class doing all the intermediate levels.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I've done body pump it was very similar to group power at my current gym both are great. I've done step hybrid classes to break up the monotony which is also helpful. I can't get into spin but it once in a while. I love my zumba, zumba toning. If your gym has that much variety look into zumba sentao (uses a chair for body resistance instead of weights) or aqua zumba because at the very least you'll be diverted by the cool factor.
  • Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Bootcamp, Boxercise, Body Pump, Legs Bums and Tums (sounds like such a girly easy class but is BRUTAL), Pilates, Tone. Love classes, really keeps me motivated!
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I really like TRX and Body Pump. I wish, wish, wish that my gym offered Body Combat, but they don't. :grumble:
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I'm a Turbo Kick instructor, so maybe I'm biased, but that's my favorite. When I take other people's classes, I still prefer cardio kickboxing, even if it's not TK.
  • Lulzaroonie
    Lulzaroonie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My gym only did Les Mills, so Body Combat and Body Balance.
    Since I quit the gym (gross, nothing was ever cleaned!), I got the Body Combat Ultimate Warrior home workout program, Turbofire and Insanity.
  • ilonam23
    ilonam23 Posts: 1
    Options
    It's not a class at the gym, but I do an aerial silks class and it's so much fun! I love it, and it has really helped me to lose fat and tone up! It's also really addictive because the more moves you learn the more you want to perfect them and improve. I highly recommend it if you can find a class near you
  • galaxysue
    galaxysue Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My favourite has to be spin totally kills me everytime but so worth it, also love my muscletone and power pilates
  • Nicks_scotland
    Options
    I do a one body weight class and one spin class 4 days a week. I love the body weight classes most, the cross-training one that I go to on a Wednesday is my favourite, an hour long hard graft with everything from cardio blasts, to core to arms, shoulders, legs - the whole lot. It's the hardest by far of all my classes - that's why I love it most. :)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    kickboxing. the instructors range from a nice pace and get a good sweat to, OMERHGAWD I AM GONNA DIE!!
  • chantelle0312
    chantelle0312 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i love yoga i had an amazing figure when i did it twice a week now i moved though and busy with work and stuff but its really something i would look to do agian
  • DreamOfSunshine
    DreamOfSunshine Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Les Mills - Body Combat. Definetily the best one! It has music to keep the rythum and it really makes you sweat and I can see muscles shaping. And you feel more secure going out just imagining that IF you have to you are a kick *kitten* chick :laugh:
  • vstraughan
    vstraughan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Loving Spin and thinking of trying Body Attack/Combat soon. No music = no interest for me.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I like to do cardio and strength training on my own. My favorite class is YOGA! Love it. :heart:
  • griffga1
    griffga1 Posts: 31
    Options
    Body Combat and Power Yoga. Both kick your butt.
  • stephcalcott
    stephcalcott Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I love Burn at the Barre. It looks easy but is so hard and I'm super sore afterwards. I wear a heart rate monitor to class and usually burn about 500 calories.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Group step aerobics, kettlebell circuit, group power,cardio intervals. They don't offer at my gym but I used to go to and love is Turbo Kick
  • nykkat
    nykkat Posts: 30
    Options
    woah thanks guys. lots of great insight. I really have to try spinning :)