Running

I try to run for 30 minutes or more 5 times a week and do some weight workouts but I have a question. When I run after I'm done (run on the elliptical) I'm not exhausted but I sweat a lot. Should it be important that I be exhausted? Do I need to find something that makes me really tired?

Replies

• I try to run for 30 minutes or more 5 times a week and do some weight workouts but I have a question. When I run after I'm done (run on the elliptical) I'm not exhausted but I sweat a lot. Should it be important that I be exhausted? Do I need to find something that makes me really tired?
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    No way!
    If you're body is still asking for more exercise, then go for it!
    Just don't over due it.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Running on the elliptical is a lower impact, lower stress exercise. sounds to me like you can handle going a little bit faster and a little bit longer!! Are you keeping your eye on your THR? Remember you body can handle alot more than you think it can!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    I wouldn't say you need to be exhausted, but you should feel it, and know you had a workout afterward, and if you can go longer, do it. What you should do is monitor your heart rate, if your heart rate is dipping below the mid 70's then you probably can up the intensity.
  • brockster
    brockster Posts: 12
    hay mate hows it going try adding into your session some large muscle group moves like squats and pull ups befor you do your cardio this will increase your growth hormone levels so when you do your cardio you will burn alot more fat if you do your cardio for to long you will start to burn up alot of muscle mass the more muscle mass you lose the slower you metobolic rate will become doing pull ups and squats your working the biggest calorie burning muscles in your body