Cant get back on track....

Options
I wont give up.....but cant seem to get it together. I am fine until after dinner then just keep eating. Any strategies or sugestions. If I could get a few days together I'll be fine I know it.

Replies

• Ninhydrin
    Ninhydrin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If you're having trouble with your own will power, then try to be held accountable to someone / something external for a while. What I found worked really well for me in the beginning was to pre-log all of my foods before I ate dinner, and close off the log for that day. Then I'd know I would have to go in and change it again if I ate something outside of what I'd planned.

Are you logging accurately? Is there anyone who can call you out respectfully and in an encouraging way for falling off the wagon after dinner like that?

Edit: Have just looked at your diary, I would suggest you eat much more protein than you are currently eating. It really does help you feel fuller, and for longer, and will definitely make a positive impact on your ability to stay on track!
  • smoira
    smoira Posts: 12
    Options
    Hiya, I find when I have something bad to eat that's when I just want to keep on eating, but if I have something healthy for dinner I find it easier to be good the rest of the night, but I do find nights the worse and its not getting much better for me and not sure if it ever will!! don't deprive your self of something find a healthier option if you can. sorry if this is not very helpfully. good luck.x
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for your comments. How much protein do you suggest?
  • Ninhydrin
    Ninhydrin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much you weigh, but general rule is to eat 1g per pound of body weight. Additional information I've read online adds that for women or really obese folk we should eat 1g per pound of our *goal body weight*.

I aim for 200g of protein a day, I don't always reach it, but I try my level best. I then set my fat goal at maximum of 50g per day and then carbs make up the leftover.

My overall daily calorie goal is 1800, I'm 5'10" and currently weigh about 225lbs

It largely depends on how you feel though, listen to your body, but eat as much protein as you can to reach your macro goal and drink enough water! If you need to up your carbs to feel energetic then do that.
  • JakeBrownVB
    JakeBrownVB Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I used to get crazy cravings at night to the point I felt like I was sweating out a coke addiction lol :). A great stratergy is to go brush your teeth!

Believe me it helps and the majority of people dont want to eat just after brushing their teeth. Try it and let me know! :)
  • barbara4599
    barbara4599 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I struggle in the evenings after dinner, especially if I have alcohol. So obviously one technique for me is no alcohol! I'll drink flavored seltzer water in a martini glass instead. Concur with the above about protein and add some healthy fat with dinner. For me it's a stress and boredom thing so I need sonething to keep me busy. I try to do my house chores or anything useful so I'm not just sitting there thinking about food. Just keep trying until you find the reason you eat and a strategy that works for you.
  • slugkiller
    slugkiller Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Some good things here, particularly like the clean your teeth option; and doing chores at night to distract yourself. I will try them tonight as I too have an 'after dinner' issue. All resolve goes out the window with just a drop of alcohol so that too must be avoided like the plague!!