How's My NEW 2000 Calorie Meal Plan??

Options
Yesterday I was expressing my concerns about whether I was eating enough.

Firstly, I'm 20 years old, 100 Kg (220lb) and 6"4' and I was eating 1700 whilst doing cardio 5 days a week.

I was told that it would be best to go to 2000 calorie, I put it to 2080 to stop me feeling bad so it won't go in red.

Today was my first day having 2000 calorie total...

Heres my meal plan for today...

Breakfast- 506 Calories

1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
1 Red Apple
1 Be Natural 5 whole grains honey nut muesli bar
1/2 Woolworths Lite Milk Permeate free
60g Uncle Tobys Plus Fibre (Apples & Sultana)
60g Yoplait Forme No Fat French Vanilla Yoghurt

Morning Tea- 185 Calories

peeled carrot
35g packet of sultanas, cranberries, almonds, pepitas & dark chocolate

Lunch- 758 Calories

2 slices Abbotts Country Farmhouse Wholemeal bread
1 Coles Light Tasty Cheese Slice
20g Coles Simply Less Mediterranean Salad
75g John West Smoked Salmon Slices
20g Black Swan skinny hommus
2x White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
3 Teriyaki Chicken Wings (Leftovers)

Afternoon Tea- 65 Calories

Australian Navel

Dinner- 1009 Calories

460g Braised Lamb Shanks
125g Jasmine Rice
Boiled Broccoli
Boiled Carrots
4 Teriyaki Chicken wings (leftovers)

Dessert - Too scared to look for calories

1/2 Slice Caramel Mudcake (from birthday a few days ago)

The FOOD total is 2523 Calories but I did 40 minutes cardio which burned 599 Calories

So my NET is 1924 (probably a bit more with the cake slice)

So what do you think??? I feel a bit guilty about the cake and cookies though :(

Replies

• Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy to me! Except the fact that I don't eat meat... but if I did then it would have looked even more yummy :-)
  • JordanK7593
    JordanK7593 Posts: 47
    Options
    you think its good?? I was so use to eating 1700 and having this made me feel like crap!!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you think its good?? I was so use to eating 1700 and having this made me feel like crap!!!

Its fine. by the sounds of it, its your head that needs sorting out not the food. you need to understand that food is fuel... to have a good body you need to give it good food.... only eating 1700 was starving your body of nutrients that it needs....
  • Zekela
    Options
    I do... I think you need tasty foods in there to keep your sanity.. That works for me. And as long as you are hitting your macros and micros you should be fine (which has also work for me). I do understand the feeling of not eating enough. This can definitely make you feel like crap. I've recalled not eating enough where I totally burnt out on a run. Also, I had a deficit of a little over 300 cals yesterday (haven't had that in a while), and running this morning wasn't as enjoyable as the day before. It's interesting how important food is to a body :-)
  • JordanK7593
    Options

Its fine. by the sounds of it, its your head that needs sorting out not the food. you need to understand that food is fuel... to have a good body you need to give it good food.... only eating 1700 was starving your body of nutrients that it needs....

Great! Is it okay if I have the odd cookie or sweet every now and then?? I was feeling so full by the end of the day! It's the most I've eaten in weeks!!
  • Zekela
    Options
    hahahahaha... Jordank you are hilarious with "Great!" to the comment "It's your head that need sorting out"....
  • JordanK7593
    Options
    hahahahaha... Jordank you are hilarious with "Great!" to the comment "It's your head that need sorting out"....

Best news I've heard all day!