FRUSTRATED IN SOUTH LOUISIANA

Options
THIS IS WEEK TWO OF A DIET USING THIS SITE TO TRACK MY PROGRESS. DOING VERY WELL WITH MANAGING AT LEAST 4 EXERCISE SESSIONS PER WEEK. EATING FAIRLY WELL AS A WHOL, BUT BLEW IT 2 DAYS OUT OF 14 DUE TO A WORK CONVENTION. WHAT THE HECK - IT'S ONLY ONCE A YEAR. SAUTEING SPINACH AND GRILLING A CHICKEN BREAST AS WE SPEAK. FRUSTRATED BECAUSE I DID WELL WITH DIET AND EXERCISE 12 DAYS OUT OF 14 AND GAINED A POUND. NOT GONNA QUIT!! MAYBE IT'S MUSCLE! HAHA NEED ENCOURAGEMENT PLEASE!!

Replies

• sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    When I first started it took a couple of weeks to start seeing progress. I made up my mind I was going to stick to it for one month regardless of the outcome. After the one month mark I'd lost enough to keep me going even longer. Just keep doing what your doing and you'll be glad you did.
  • MakeLifeBright
    Options
    It is NEVER easy to start.
    Just know You Can Do It. Do not let this set you back.
    Some times we have good days, some times bad days.
    Just keep with it, Do Not Give up!!
    You will be so happy when you stick with it, and get healthy!!
  • sbt135
    sbt135 Posts: 2
    Options
    I TOTALLY AGREE. I'M NOT QUITTING, JUST WOULD HAVE LOVED TO SEE SOME PROGRESS. IF NOTHING ELSE, I'M NO LONGER SORE WHEN I EXERCISE AND MY POSTURE IS BETTER. CONTRATS ON YOUR LOSS! THAT'S AWESOME FOR YOU AND ENCOURAGING FOR ME!
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Just so you know.. I still struggle with progress if progress is measured only by weight lost.. but I am still happy with myself because I sure I am making postive lifestyle changes .. I eat better 95% of the time, I exercise more days than I don't and I feel better.. hang in there and give your body a chance to realize you mean it :)
  • amsenny
    amsenny Posts: 8
    Options
    I have been yo-yo dieting for most of my 48 years. I have a new resolution - I will NEVER diet again. I now have a new lifestyle which includes lower calorie and fat intake and daily exercise. With a diet you will have a goal. When you reach that goal, then what? With me, it was a pass to go back to the same bad habits that made me fat to begin with. Now with the new lifestyle, I am losing about 2 - 3 lbs per week. I do not have a weight goal, I just want to be able to walk into a normal store and buy normal size clothes. I also eat what I want and what I like, I just make adjustments and watch my portions.

How often do you weigh yourself. So many factors play into the number on the scale. Don't weight yourself too many times. The number is going to go up and down with the time of day that you weigh and the time of the month. Relax, eat healthy, and exercise and the weight will come off.
  • metizzy2
    metizzy2 Posts: 122
    Options
    Muscle DOES weigh more than fat. It could also be water weight. If you eat too much sodium, the scale will show it! Just drink lots of water to flush out your body..and keep up the good work...you've come so far!!! :happy:
  • Reign
    Reign Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    It happens to the best of us. Try not to get discouraged...keep pushing!