9 months in, 45lbs down

Options
This is somewhat of a struggle for me...as I can barely see a difference. Thankfully I have surrounded myself with very supportive people and choose to believe their encouraging comments. I truly committed to becoming a healthier person on 1st August 2012, weighing in at 245lbs, I am now 200lbs. My ultimate goal is 120lbs, which I expect to reach early 2014.

Before:
DSC_0257_zps3c7fb58a.jpg

WP_20130509_002_zps2e3d9b9c.jpg

After:
WP_20130507_001_zpsefbeba51.jpg

Please forgive the rather fatigue look in the After shot....I have just injured my back and can barely walk!

Replies

• Diva1205
    Diva1205 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    There is definatly a difference. Looking Good. Keep it up! Congrats on your loss so far :)
  • ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    wow!!!! u seriously look like a different person already! and you look about 10 yrs younger due to your weight loss. great work!
  • Kifissia
    Kifissia Posts: 136
    Options
    Definitely a difference! Your figure is more defined. Keep it up! Hope your back gets better soon. :)
  • ChantelleSchoeman
    Options
    Amazing !! A huge difference!! Well done, don't stop the good work !!
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Keep going! You're doing great and don't get discouraged by the back injury. Allow yourself time to heal and continue to be positive.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    There's a massive difference! Great job......

Don't let injury niggles get you down, you'll still make solid progress with diet alone whilst you heal.

Again, amazing job: your hard work and dedication are paying off big time! :)
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep it up girl!!
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    good girl, well done keep it yp, you look amazing
  • smoootka
    smoootka Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    There's a huge difference!! Way to go! Keep up the great work! :)
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Amazing change girl! Fab work keep at it! Hope the back heals quickly! :flowerforyou:
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! I can definitely see a difference. Its hard to see differences in ourselves becuse we focus on the "bits" that look wrong to us still. But I bet that's a smaller pairr of jeans, for a start!
  • KristysLosing
    KristysLosing Posts: 683
    Options
    Nice! I cerainly see a difference! Great job!
  • bartin32
    bartin32 Posts: 16
    Options
    You got this and keep giong. I believe in you.
    :happy:
  • semarsh12
    semarsh12 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yes, like everyone else has said, there really IS a difference! You look FAAAAAbulous! Great job so far! Keep at it!
  • jazzkat68
    jazzkat68 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding?? BIG difference! Congrats!
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely beautiful.
  • jsbieniek
    jsbieniek Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I see a huge difference. Go put on a shirt that was tight in the sleeves before, you will know there is a difference! Great job and keep up the good work. Hope your back gets better soon! :)
  • cwannabee
    cwannabee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    There is a difference for sure!

I didn't catch how tall you are, but I'm 5'7" and also started at 245lbs. People who knew I was losing would say things and encourage me but it wasn't until I hit about 195 that casual aquaintences worked up the nerve to broach the topic. (Think little old ladies pulling you aside to whisper in your ear, "Are you losing weight? You look fabulous!" ).

Also, did you still have a piece of clothing you kept from when you were at 245? Put it on....you'll see the difference!

Keep up the good work girlie!
  • nicolej1016
    nicolej1016 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!

The difference is very evident! Great work and I hope your back heals quickly.

Thank you for posting this and I am so very happy for you! :bigsmile:
  • EvilFeevil
    EvilFeevil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I see a huge difference. Go put on a shirt that was tight in the sleeves before, you will know there is a difference! Great job and keep up the good work. Hope your back gets better soon! :)
    This! Recently when I wasn't noticing my weight loss as much in the mirror, I decided to try on a shirt I had grown out of several years ago and it actually fit (I'm wearing it now)! Also, try wearing a belt and you'll notice how you can put it in the next smaller hole over time...that also helps.

Even if you don't think you look smaller, you definitely do in those before and after pictures and your clothes "getting bigger" on you are the proof. Keep up the inspirational work! Great job! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!