Friend to be found here! :) Looking for like-minds/bodies

Options
mirabelk
mirabelk Posts: 8 Member
Female. 5ft8. Started out at 250. Down to 230. Aiming for 155. NOT DIETING... Instead, this is a way of keeping on track with an outlook and lifestyle overhaul. Trying to overcome a lifetime tendency and genetic predisposition to being overweight through "correct" nutrition and turning exercise into part of daily life rather than a chore, despite being asthmatic.

Anyone on board with my circumstances and/or philosophies is welcome to add me as a friend!

Best of success to each and every one of you!

Lauren

Replies

• carlynn13
    carlynn13 Posts: 281
    Options
    Good luck to you :). Feel free to add me
  • jcent424
    jcent424 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we are aiming for the same results... not to diet but to be healthy!
    Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me!
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hello :flowerforyou:

Feel free to add me! I started this journey at 291. I am now 271 :-) It works
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I am a fellow asthmatic who is striving for a healthy lifestyle.
  • hessenkat
    hessenkat Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I am new here too!x
  • Dswolves
    Dswolves Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've lost 60 all together (13 before I started with my fitness pal) and I have another 50-60 to go! I have developed brand new "allergy induced asthma" over the winter. yayyy! I'm trying to get rid of processed foods and monitor my food to make sure I start getting enough iron, potassium etc. other than that... I'm exercising and having fun and trying to live healthy! Feel free to add me if you'd like. :-)
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    5'7", looking to get down to 145 or 140 and a size 6/8 or maybe a 4/6. I started at 230 am now 220.
  • travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm 29, 5'8. I started at 210 and through proper nutrition and good fun exercise, I've lost 46 lbs (so far). My goal is between 150-155, to be in shape with some muscle definition, AND to maintain this healthy lifestyle, for life!

I eat well and keep an open diary.

Feel free to add me!
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the dieting. To me, when I 'diet' I am just setting myself up to fail. I'm living a healthier lifestyle. I eat better, but if I want something, I eat it...just a much smaller portion. It's all about a lifestyle change. If you set your mind to it, you can achieve it.

Good luck with your goals!
  • lwells1980
    lwells1980 Posts: 4
    Options
    Good luck :) feel free to add me!! Always love more friends :)
  • breezylee75
    breezylee75 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Request sent, we have some things in common :)
  • happymom44
    happymom44 Posts: 6
    Options
    I want that too. A healthy lifestyle regarding food! Friend request sent.
  • justme1403
    justme1403 Posts: 57
    Options
    feel free to add me :)
  • jmlf4
    jmlf4 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i can relate...been 260 before and dropped to 200 back to 220 and on & on. Time for a change and like ya said got to be a lifestyle change..not a chore..feel free to add me
  • dixieracer27
    dixieracer27 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we have some things in common...I sent a friend request. Anybody else that's in this to get healthy and not looking for the quick way out can feel free to add me, please include a quick note so I know we have the same goals. I know how encouraging it can be to have friends with the same goals and mindset.
  • Chris2112Fair
    Options
    I hate the word "diet", I am in the middle of a lifestyle change! It feels wonderful, the food tastes great (who knew green could taste good?) and I feel better and more fit. You can all add me as a friend. I am looking for support and some pals here.
  • kpick41
    kpick41 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome...I'm not dieting, I'm changing my life!
    I'm 5ft7, and have about 100 lbs to lose, so we are in the same boat.
    Please feel free to add me!