jacket potato for lunch. saint or sinner?

Options
Sid1988
Sid1988 Posts: 170 Member
I'm sitting here at my desk pondering what to have for lunch today from our canteen as i've stupidly left my lovely fresh home made salad at home (that i will now have for dinner).

How good/bad for you are jacket potatos for lunch? i will eliminate the butter but have it with beans and a small amount of grated cheese. all i hear is they are loaded with carbs, but are they really that bad?

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Have the potato and see if you can get a side salad. Carbs aren't the enemy.
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    It's only 1 potato, it's really not gonna kill you. As the other poster said, carbs are not the enemy.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Carbs aren't a problem unless you have a medical condition that prevents you from eating them. Barring that, you'll be fine.

Potatoes are filling and tasty, IMO.

Enjoy your lunch.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I could eat a potato every day.
  • vidasana87
    vidasana87 Posts: 75
    Options
    Eat it and enjoy every BITE!
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    what is a jacket potato???
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me - I eat potatoes most days, I like potato with tuna, chopped tomato, sometimes a bit of cheese. Saint!
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    potatoes are good for you, especially if you eat the skin as well, enjoy!!
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options

a baked potato with toppings/fillings :)
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Oh, so like a loaded potato? Why do you have to get all the bad toppings? Just get the potato, topped with maybe some salsa or chili. It will be filling, and potatoes aren't the devil. Just don't eat 12 of them a day.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options

It's British for "baked potato with stuff in it". :)
  • skinnyme444
    skinnyme444 Posts: 86
    Options
    YESSSS, have it! fill it with beans or tuna, peppers, cucumber etc! I either have mines for lunch and a chichen salad for dinner or the other way about - really filling also :-)
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Potatoes are wonderful. I love adding broccoli, butter and cheese, but it puts me STRAIGHT to sleep.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Yes have it. Go easy on the cheese, butter, and sour cream, and heavy on broccoli or other veggies available for it. It's a balanced, nutritious lunch.
  • johnny059qn
    johnny059qn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Eat the skin too! (jacket)
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Potatoes are wonderful. I love adding broccoli, butter and cheese, but it puts me STRAIGHT to sleep.

THIS.

So. Heavy.

Do they offer baked sweet potatoes? I think I'm going to make one of them for lunch now that I'm thinking about baked potatoes...
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I also enjoy sweet potatoes baked in the microwave, top them with black beans and salsa
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    If you are going to have your potato with beans and a little bit of cheese, go for it. Sounds yummy, filling, and nutritious.
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Jacket sweet potato..... now there is a thought, very adventurous for us Brits.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine.

You'll be better with butter.