Fruit infused waters

Options
I am joined in a natural weight loss group and there is a big rage with these fruit infused waters you make yourself. I guess it was seen on the Dr. Oz show, but since I don't watch much TV I don't really know.

I started putting fruit into green tea instead of just water (grapefruit, tangelo, cucumber and mint) and like it pretty well. I am wondering if anyone knows if the calorie count would be the same as actually eating the fruit. I don't eat the fruit though. I put it in the tea and let leave it in the fridge overnight and drink it the next day. Then I refill it with tea and drink it again the next day, then throw the fruit out and make a new batch.

Would the calories and sugar intake be the same as eating the fruit? Are you getting the vitamins/benefits you would if you ate it?

Thanks for any help!

Replies

• headhits24
    headhits24 Posts: 7
    Options
    The calories would not be the same as eating the fruit. Maybe you'll absorb some of the vitamins and detoxing benefits. In the end the flavored water IMO just gets people to drink water. That's not a bad thing though.
  • heatherrnw
    heatherrnw Posts: 10
    Options
    I drink a lot of water on my own usually since it's pretty much the only thing I drink. I figured it was a way to get people to drink more water :wink: I'm just not sure how to log it as caloric intake. As of now I log it as a recipe with the fruits in it and it comes up as a lot of sugar so it made me wonder if having it in the water (tea) that way, you absorb that amount of sugar. :smile:
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    You could just infuse waters with fruits you plan to eat later in the day. That would get rid of the guesswork.