Do you think I have a weird body shape?

Options
http://i.imgur.com/g92T1Xn.jpg
(Sorry about the messy hair)

And how much weight do you think I need to lose?

Replies

• squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    1. No
    2. However much weight you feel comfortable losing
  • alexandrajohnb
    Options
    bump
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    1. that is an odd question and I wont answer it
    2. no more than 15lbs.
  • Jackson4590
    Jackson4590 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You have more of a straight body as opposed to a pear or apple. It's pretty normal. I would work on toning my lower body more than the upper body because your hips are small in comparison.

I think you look just fine!
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Not at all. I don't see anything anything weird (We typically only see our imperfections.)
    As much as you want, I don't think you need lose any weight at all though ;-)
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    1. No
    2. However much weight you feel comfortable losing
  • alexandrajohnb
    Options
    I would work on toning my lower body more than the upper body because your hips are small in comparison.

Really? I think i need to tone my stomach /hip area and my arms.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You actually look incredible compared to most in my eyes. You could lose 10 I think if doing cardio. If doing weights I think you'd lose less but get smaller. You are gorgeous. Be happy about you now and just aim to improve.
  • vanillasky123
    Options
    Honey, No you do not have a odd body shape.. You look fine... I have a odd body shape.. They called me "Shari NO BUTT" in school and when me and my husband started dating he said "You have the funniest figure" I did not talk to him for a week and that almost blew our whole Relationship. I have big arms ... Very small legs... Big waist and not butt. My daughter once said "It looked like I had been put together by a bunch of other people's body parts" My nickname was "SpongeBob square pants" I use to be really embarrassed and ashamed of my figure.. But I realize we are more than our bodies.. We do have personality and intellect. Focus on being healthy and work on the inner you. You are Beautiful :)

Shari
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    1. No, but what were you gonna do about it anyway? Body types are what they are.
    2. First off, you can't spot reduce. I would worry more about losing fat instead of losing weight. Do some strength training and most importantly clean up your diet if you haven't already.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    no. you have a very nice body shape

there's room for improvement in nearly everyone. Women tend to look at their own flaws through a magnifying glass but not even see other people's flaws at all.

Lifting heavy weights seems to result in women being more satisfied with their body shape, partly because it improves their overall shape, and partly because it shifts your focus from what your body looks like, to what your body can do.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    You are positively normal.

Try setting your goal at losing 10 pounds of fat and see how you feel when you get there. I don't know how much weight you should lose. Lose until you're comfortable. Try to gain muscle.
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Not at all. I don't see anything anything weird (We typically only see our imperfections.)
    As much as you want, I don't think you need lose any weight at all though ;-)

This, except maybe you could just tone up a bit if you want. you look like you're beautiful already/
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    You are positively normal.

Try setting your goal at losing 10 pounds of fat and see how you feel when you get there. I don't know how much weight you should lose. Lose until you're comfortable. Try to gain muscle.

This . you look fine.

I think you should start lifting heavy and forget about losing weight.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Your body shape is great! Embrace it :) Nothing weird about it at all!
    I think you should start lifting heavy and forget about losing weight.

This. Totally agree that you should just focus on lifting heavy weights. You can start with a program like New Rules of Lifting for Women, Starting Strength, Stronglifts 5x5, etc.

You don't really need to lose weight, but you may want to focus on body recomposition through lifting. I'm sure that would make you much happier with your shape. :)

If you do cardio, do HIIT.

ETA: Make sure you fuel whatever workouts you are doing! Your body needs it to repair. Check out this thread for the basics: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13