Sriracha Makes Everything Better!

Options
natmadc
natmadc Posts: 116 Member
Does anyone else have a love for Sriracha, like I do?

I literally put that stuff on everything!

But, I am a little worried about the sodium content.

As do most hot sauces its pretty high in sodium, and they way I lather in on I know I am taking in a lot!!!

So my question is I drink A LOT of water, will that help to counter some of the drawbacks of taking in lots of sodium???

Replies

• keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Love siracha!!! I heard my trainer telling someone to drink lots of water to counter sodium. Is it really that high in Siracha?

I saw a picture on pintrest where someone attached the nozzle from a waterbottle and SPRAYED siracha onto their foods.....
  • natmadc
    Options
    Love siracha!!! I heard my trainer telling someone to drink lots of water to counter sodium. Is it really that high in Siracha?

I saw a picture on pintrest where someone attached the nozzle from a waterbottle and SPRAYED siracha onto their foods.....

Its 100mg per tsp, if you are anything like me I put at least 5-10 tsp on my food (if not more)....I like it spicy!!!!!
  • Brandilynnrose
    Options
    I am SO glad I saw this post! I was just thinking about what I could put on the turkey and spinach burgers I am making for dinner tonight to add flavor (but not fat or excessive calories) when I saw this. Sriracha it is! I love that stuff.
  • kklemarow
    kklemarow Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Here here! It's amazing stuff :)
  • natmadc
    Options
    I am SO glad I saw this post! I was just thinking about what I could put on the turkey and spinach burgers I am making for dinner tonight to add flavor (but not fat or excessive calories) when I saw this. Sriracha it is! I love that stuff.

That combo sounds really good! You have just inspired me :bigsmile:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have a love for Sriracha, like I do?

For sure! Pei Wei had that Sriracha Chicken and that about killed my eating!
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a valid medical reason for limiting sodium, I wouldn't worry about it. I love Sriracha and put it on lots of stuff. I'm actually planning on having a Banh Mi for lunch and I always put at least 4 servings of Sriracha on my Banh Mis!
  • stephaniemartin42
    Options
    I have a huge selection of hot sauce in my fridge at all times (mmmm...spicy) and Sriracha has a special place in my heart. Give me a bowl of pho and a bottle of Sriracha and I'm happy. I never even think about the sodium - I figure it's better than smothering my food with fatty mayo or sugary barbecue sauce like I used to.

This is hilarious and pretty much sums it up:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/sriracha
  • doronajay
    doronajay Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    UJ695_zps70cc72de.jpg
  • trentwiggly
    trentwiggly Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Sriracha on fresh pineapple! I'm telling you it rocks!! But never, EVER mix it with homemade mayonnaise and dip sweet potato fries in it. It is TOO good.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    But never, EVER mix it with homemade mayonnaise and dip sweet potato fries in it. It is TOO good.

oh and you definitely don't want to mix it with plain greek yoghurt for a lower calorie dip, either.
  • stephaniemartin42
    Options
    mix it with plain greek yoghurt for a lower calorie dip

That just blew my mind. I know what I'm having for lunch.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    If you don't have high blood pressure or kidney problems, you'll be fine by just drinking lots of water.
  • natmadc
    Options
    Sriracha on fresh pineapple! I'm telling you it rocks!! But never, EVER mix it with homemade mayonnaise and dip sweet potato fries in it. It is TOO good.

hmmmmm
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I can put it on everything. I go through it like crazy. I annoy my husband with it quite often. :)
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Sriracha on everything! Bwa ha ha ha ha!

-Ahem-

Yes, I do appreciate the taste of le rooster sauce.

Place for recipes: http://greatist.com/health/healthy-sriracha-recipes
  • natmadc
    Options
    Sriracha on everything! Bwa ha ha ha ha!

-Ahem-

Yes, I do appreciate the taste of le rooster sauce.

Place for recipes: http://greatist.com/health/healthy-sriracha-recipes

You just made my morning with that link!!!
  • getstrongkaylen
    getstrongkaylen Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    love it too!! especially when im trying out new "healthy" recipes that i end up not liking... sriracha makes it better! just had fish the other night... not the best ever, but sriracha made it much better! i think you should be fine as long as you drink water!