Racquetball

Options
Shannon023
Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
Any players out there?? My hubby & I are getting back into it and what a fun way to workout! :drinker:

Replies

• RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Love to play. I loved handball back in the late 60's and early 70's. Then, I was sent to Japan in 1974 and everyone was playing Handball ... with RAQUETS!!! Got into it then. Played everyday of my life for the next 25 years. Took a couple years off and play occasionally now.

It's a great workout.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I totally love racquetball! I played it a lot growing up and in college. But it's sad that it's kind of a dieing sport now. :ohwell: It was really popular in the 80s and all the gyms had several courts. It was kind of the business man's sport. Now that is definitely golf. Now most gyms are either being built without any or just one that doubles as something else.

We need to bring it back. It's such a fun way to burn calories.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Love to play. I loved handball back in the late 60's and early 70's. Then, I was sent to Japan in 1974 and everyone was playing Handball ... with RAQUETS!!! Got into it then. Played everyday of my life for the next 25 years. Took a couple years off and play occasionally now.

It's a great workout.

WOW, 25-years! I wish you were nearby, I need help with my serves. :laugh:

I was Youtubing earlier, and noticed there is "outdoor" racquetball where there is no ceiling or back wall. :noway: I'd have to call it "Fetch" if played. :embarassed:

tharrop - are there any Rec centers near you? That's where we play. :smile:
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Practice, practice, practice!! If we were closer, I would love to help you with your serve.

In the beginning, until you find your strengths, I recommend serving lofty slow balls to your opponents back hand. High arcs that your opponent waits on and then die in the corner.

Have fun.
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I got hit with the ball playing this sport... I don't like getting hit with balls... never played it again!

Plus that tiny little room makes me feel claustrophobic! :laugh: