jacket potato for lunch. saint or sinner?

Options
2»

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    IIFYM
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    As an Irish person I have to say a meal here isn't a meal unless you have some kind of spud on it! Eat your spuds up, they give you 'rosy cheeks and curly hair!!!'
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    butter, sour cream, and cheese are where all the good fat is. Eat plenty of those toppings. ^__^ It'll keep you full longer.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    mmmmm potatoes! They aren't all that bad. I'm actually having a sweet potato with ghee and cinnamon for lunch today with a cornbread muffin :)
  • FahadNaseem
    FahadNaseem Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Go for it
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I lost about 17lbs on slimming world a few years back and I used to have a jacket potato with beans and salad almost every day when I was at work so they can't be that bad!! To be fair, only used to do that as I used to struggle with ideas that didn't use up one of my 'b' options (ie bread/meat/etc)
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have jacket potato with tuna and mayo for lunch a lot during the week, in our dining hall at work. Delish and filling :smile:
  • luckyinlove2
    luckyinlove2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    potatoes are good for you, especially if you eat the skin as well, enjoy!!

Be sure to eat the skin because it gives you lovely fiber to help slow digestion! Enjoy your potato!
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    potatoes are good for you, especially if you eat the skin as well, enjoy!!

Be sure to eat the skin because it gives you lovely fiber to help slow digestion! Enjoy your potato!

This! I love a small white or sweet potato, skin and all, sometimes topped with vegetarian chili for a meal. And they are so inexpensive and easy to make in the microwave at work.