Diabetes and weight loss

Options
I have lost over 70 lbs in about 2 years now. I still have 30-40 lbs that i want to loose. but the scale isn't moving now. I exercise like a mad woman because of my diabetes - I'm trying to " cure " it... Some days My fasting reading is 86 .. or like this morning it was 102. I don't understand why it is sometimes normal range when i eat over my 150 allowance of carbs a day and when i'm under my 150 allowance it's on the high end. I just got a elliptical. but before that i was doing arobics and walking everyday . 7 x week and would burn over 500 calories a day. doing my best to reach that 3500 calorie burn a week and sometimes going over that . I'm getting bummed! My mother was a size 0 . I want to be in that catagory . my diabetes would disappear. I do tend to go over my salt intake . it's hard sometimes not to. and yes sometimes i do go over my calories a day but hell the extent i'm exercising it really should be ok once a week? I eat fruit and veggies. i monitor my meat intake ..( if my husband wasn't so into meat i wouldn't be ) suggestions?

Replies

• pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary we can help you a bit better about what might be going wrong :)
  • MrsMohawk
    MrsMohawk Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i just did .. smile:.. and the snack section some things arn't in one sitting like chips.. lol i just added in the same category .. i don't eat 4 servings of Doritos . lol
  • pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I think your carb intake is too high for a diabetic. I went back through your diary for a month and only found 3 days where your carbs were under 150g. You should really be aiming to be the opposite, so over a month you dont want to go over 150 more than once a week.

Insulin regulation is really important for you and lowering your carbs should help your blood sugar and help lose some weight.
  • MrsMohawk
    MrsMohawk Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    yes but when you exercise like me and taking metformin and your bg is low and then have to eat a carb to raise your bg to normal is hard. but yes i do some times go beyond my carbs.. hate them .. lol