Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Picky eater, always on the go!

Ok, so I have an extremely busy schedule during the week and always find myself eating out and making unhealthy decisions. It doesn't help that I am very picky when it comes to healthy food. I mean I can't even get very many fruits or veggies down without gagging. I know, it's pathetic and I've been trying to suck it up and try and find better choices that I do like, but it's tough. Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions??

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Pre plan. Pack meals and snacks that are quick and easy that you know you'll eat. If you know you "have" to eat out that day, pre-plan where you'll go and what you'll get.
  • m4ttcheek
    m4ttcheek Posts: 229 Member
    Just start eating them, they'll grow on you pretty quickly.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    I like to cut my vegetables and fruit into little pieces - they go down much easier that way for me. Also, I would put just a little bit of vegetables in say, a wrap, with lots of meat and cheese, but then slowly work my way into more vegetables. Also, only start with the vegetables that you like or dislike the least - I hate mushrooms, and I'm not going to try to get used to them when I love cucumber, baby spinach, onions, and other vegetables.

I agree with JenMc14 in that pre-planning takes a lot of work out of it. Think of a meal you would like, shop just for that, and prepare the right portion the night before or when you have time. Thinking about what to eat is the hardest part, but if you already know what you're going to eat, preparing it is much easier.
  • Fit_B_
    Fit_B_ Posts: 5
    Thanks you guys! These are all really great suggestions!