SOOOOOOO SORE!!!!!!!!

Options
mrsyac2
mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
OMG I am so sore its not funny- my lower body and my upper body- I have been pushing myself really really hard lately with my workouts because my weight doesn't seem to want to go anywhere and I am down to 19 days before my husband returns from Iraq and my goal was to drop at least 15lbs (this was prior to me changing my weight goal to lose 34lbs- but since Febuary the weight doesn't want to go anywhere. Today I did 35 minutes on the elliptical (intervaled) and then I just 40 minutes swimming laps in the pool mind you I was already really sore this morning from my prior workouts this week- I know I am going to feel this in the morning-- I don't even know if I took a break at all this week (where I didn't workout) oh well just have to keep on pushing.. Have a great Sunday

Replies

• mrsyac2
    Options
    OMG I am so sore its not funny- my lower body and my upper body- I have been pushing myself really really hard lately with my workouts because my weight doesn't seem to want to go anywhere and I am down to 19 days before my husband returns from Iraq and my goal was to drop at least 15lbs (this was prior to me changing my weight goal to lose 34lbs- but since Febuary the weight doesn't want to go anywhere. Today I did 35 minutes on the elliptical (intervaled) and then I just 40 minutes swimming laps in the pool mind you I was already really sore this morning from my prior workouts this week- I know I am going to feel this in the morning-- I don't even know if I took a break at all this week (where I didn't workout) oh well just have to keep on pushing.. Have a great Sunday
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Ok, sore happens but there are some things to look at:

Are you drinking enough water?
    Getting the proper nutrition (sometimes deficiencies can cause cramps and sore muscles)
    Are you warming up prior to exercising hard?
    Are you cooling down properly and stretching properly?
    Are you taking a "down" day to allow your body to recover?
    Have you thought about scheduling a massage?

All of those will help. I certainly understand wanting to push yourself to lose by the time the hubby gets home but you don't want to be so sore that you can 't enjoy yourself when you finally get together. ease off a little if you need to.

Take care of yourself and good luck!
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    Oh I drink plenty of water actually the doctor yelled at me and told me I need to drink some gatorade too because drinking only water isn't good for my system- and I stretch and warm up as well-- its normal Im not thinking that its not you know no pain no gain-- I am good to go I know when I am sore its working so it actually makes me feel better-- Thanks though
  • brockster
    brockster Posts: 12
    Options
    hi there its very important to take in some whey protien before and arfter your workout this will aid recovery and stop muscle break down and help burn fat the amino acids in whey will stop alot of soreness
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    What you need is a break, at least a day or two.
    That is what your body is telling you and from what you said it sounds as if you did not have one.