6 Months Post RNY With Dark Spots On Hands?

Options
I have spoken to one of my nurses on my team and they are unable to tell me what's going on until they get my next set of labs which isn't until July... in the mean time I wanted to ask fellow post-ops if they have seen or heard of anything like this. In the last week or so I have begun developing dark spots (look like age spots) on both of the tip of my hands... I am only 22 years old so I know this is not age spots but am concerned this may be a sign of some sort of deficiency? Have any of you had anything similar? What was it? Did it go away? Anything helps, I have been unsuccessful looking online, thanks!

20130508_101222_zps989cc617.jpg

Replies

• vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    First thing to remember is that not everything that happens to you the rest of your life has anything to do with your RNY. A cough can be just a cough, a headache can be just a headache. A skin thing may be just a skin thing.

Your title suggests you think there's a link between the RNY and the dark spots. If they haven't heard of it before, it may well not. Try a dermatologist.
  • Kalah7Renae12Vera
    Kalah7Renae12Vera Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Right, not everything will be related t it, but this is something very new to me and I have heard of these spots coming up with liver problems or vitamin deficiencies so it was my first shot trying to get some helpful insight is all... dermatologist would be a solution but I am trying to get a grasp on what this could be before I do making appointments spending money I don't have. Thank you