30 DAY SHRED: Is it worth it?

Options
I think I'm going to go out and buy it tomarrow... is it worth my money? Will I really see results in 30 days?

Replies

• FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Not sure. I just bought it and will start this Friday. I have to do a lot of modifications for the cardio part, but I'm hoping to see results too!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I haven't opened it yet - doing other things. My niece loves it and it is working for her. There are many posters here than love it too!
  • HealthyEscape
    Options
    walmart has it for $9.... totally worth it.
  • jacolyncoker
    jacolyncoker Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm still a teenager, so although $9 may seem cheap, it really isn't when you're on a $30 budget.
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I'm still a teenager, so although $9 may seem cheap, it really isn't when you're on a $30 budget.
    [/quote Check to see if they have it on your exercise channel.
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Clearly I don't know how to quote...sorry

Comcast is our cable company and they have the 30 Day Shred Level 1. It would give you a chance to try it before you buy it.
  • cheri822
    cheri822 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    this is a killer work out and I think definitely worth the money. I hate working out and rarely do it but this dvd makes it fun and challenging.
  • hawaiibound
    hawaiibound Posts: 158
    Options
    my husband and i have been doing it for the past 2 weeks...we started level two on sunday and i'm really seeing results...i love 6lbs last week...and now i'm really seeing a difference in my shirts! Make sure you take before and after pics!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Ill be starting it in around 10 minutes, let you know how it goes:)
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I really like it :) and seeing good results too :)
  • cameron_en
    cameron_en Posts: 54
    Options
    If you are motivated and stick to it every single day, I think you will definitely see results after 30 days. I've been doing the 30 Day Shred to complement my calorie counting and weight loss efforts and it's worked very well so far. I don't know what I'm gonna do when I finish (I'm half way through it now), probably start all over again :)
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Good workout! The best bit is that its only 20 mins. Im using it to compliment my evening workouts (I go to the gym 6 days a week), as its a good start to the day. Not too easy,not too hard, but really good.Ive got the feeling that if you stick to it it'll be worth buying.
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I bought 30 Day Shred for $9 at Wal-Mart. I figured I might as well give it a try since I already had the required set of hand weights (I bought a set of 5 pounds for later use) and have heard a lot of great things about it.

The workout seriously kicked my butt! I never thought I would get such a great workout from an inexpensive DVD! It's very fast-paced and there are no breaks. You do cardio (jumping jacks and jump-rope-type movements), strength movements with the weights and some ab work. I was breathing heavy and sweating in my own livingroom! It also doesn't take much space to do the workouts either.

There are 3 levels on the DVD as you advance and there are two other people on the video that work out with Jillian. One that does things a little bit more high impact, and another person who does things with lower impact based on experience. In result, there are great examples for people of all levels of fitness.

I only have done Day 1, but I'm already recommending it and can't wait to get home and start Day 2!
  • pfenixa
    pfenixa Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've done about 16 days of 30DS and it does produce results. For me the results haven't been so much about weight loss, but I attribute that partially to the fact that I started it after I'd lost the majority of my weight from running. I think if you have more to lose then you'd see more weight loss. Otherwise, it's definitely put more definition on my body and has helped me lose inches (which again is slower since I'd already lost a lot of inches), but the biggest thing I've noticed is my increased strength. I've spent most of my time on Level 2 since it's been kicking my butt the whole time and it has alot of work involving the shoulders, even if it's just being in plank position.

It's definitely worth the $9.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    like many people have said its about 9 dollars, the work outs are sound, no fancy movements, pushups, crucnces bicycles, butt kicks, jumping jacks, squats, side squats, and some different weight lifts for the arms, and it is 20 minutes- well closer to 30 I think, but either way. I think its worth it, but like anything else you get what you put into it, if you tough it out and push through those minutes then yeah you'll see results, if you are constantly taking breaks,and telling yourself you can't do it, then you won't do it and there for won't see results.