When do YOU get hungry?

Options

Replies

• goombasmom
    goombasmom Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Jeez when am I NOT hungry lol.

Around 10:45, right between my morning snack and lunch time it kicks in, but i can usually a bottle of water fixes that.
    Also around 3:45 - 4:15 it gets bad.

Then there's the late late night hungers. If I dont go to bed by 9:30, and i know the dog is asleep, wife is asleep it's just me, the fridge & every 24hour fast food place in the world, hunger strikes hard lol. But I just reflect back to how i got where I am today and fight it. I usually win and just have a cup of cottage cheese or a sugar-free popsicle.........then there are those days (not often) that i find myself sitting in my dark driveway with pringles crumbs all over my face. I run it off though lol.

^THIS!

I track my cardio, but I don't give myself credit for weight lifting (weight training, pull ups, pushups) I'm usually over my limit every day, so I figure it's a wash.

I get really hungry at night. If a full glass of water doesn't work, I eat an apple.
  • Rien5
    Rien5 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Weekdays
    6:00 wake up
    6:30 breakfast & tea
    8:00-9:00 more tea
    11:00-12:00 lunch (starving)
    4:00 snack
    6:00-7:00 dinner

Weekends
    10:00 breakfast & tea
    1:00 lunch
    6:00-7:00 dinner
    I don't usually snack on weekends
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I get a discomforting hunger at two times during the day:

10am: I'm thinking this is because my breakfast is not substantial enough to hold me until my 11am meal (I'll probably up it to 200 calories - usually it hovers around only 100 right now, 'cause I'm not a big breakfast person).

8pm: My biggest trouble has been with binge eating at night, and while I don't think I was at the scale of binge eating disorder, I definitely exhibited some symptoms of it. I've evened out most of my meals so that I'm able to have something at night in order to prevent deprivation. If I tried to stop eating at night cold turkey, I would surely binge horribly at some point, and that's not a trend I want to start again. While I usually don't eat the best stuff at night, it's much, much better than what I used to have, and I now keep it within my calorie restrictions.
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I stay hungry. I think it's because my body is used to constantly eating.
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I always eat breakfast during the week, even if I'm not particularly hungry, because other wise I just burn out early.

6am - Breakfast: Bowl of cereal, eggs if I feel like getting fancy
    9am - Snack: banana and carrot today, usually something like that
    sometime between 11 and 1 - Lunch: usually a salad with chicken and some kind of dressing
    2 or 3 - Snack: like an apple or granola bars
    When I feel hungry - Dinner of....something....

If I work out in the afternoon/evening [around 4] then I'll eat protein bar after to make up for the lost calories.

I'm usually hungry every 3-4 hours unless I eat a huge meal, then I can go 6-8 hours. I usually keep close to this schedule though, even on the weekends when I want to sleep in :P
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    This.
    When im awake or between mouthfulls.....
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly consistent. I'm usually hungry for my next meal just as I'm finishing a meal.
  • ChantalAguiar
    ChantalAguiar Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I don't really get hungry unless I miss one of my 6 meals, most of the time I have a hard time eating all six meals! I drink a ton of water, I think that helps with the hunger.
  • IFlover90
    IFlover90 Posts: 62
    Options
    When I eat ...

Never really hungry. Until i eat.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Almost always after I swim.
  • Goose8877
    Goose8877 Posts: 1
    Options
    I need a snack about an hour or 2 after breakfast and i usually fix that by eating an apple or banana. For lunch (since the diet) I'll have something like another piece of fruit or some oatmeal. I often have to force myself to eat something in the morning because it will mess with my metabolism if I don't get it going. If I wake up super late I get hungry as soon as I wake up but I'm on thyroid meds so I have to take that first and wait before I can eat or the meds don't work. I am trying to snack during the day so i don't get super hungry and then have a healthy dinner around 5.

My problem: I eat like CRAZY at night.

My solution?: I tried last night to just drink water but that didn't seem to kick it so i had a small portion of chips (a small hand-full) and drank more water. That helped a lot.
  • ficklesoul
    ficklesoul Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I always get hungry 1-2 hours after dinner. Some night I cave in and eat a fruit or make myself a PB sammich. I hardly feel hungry any other time of the day unless if I'm on my ladies day then I'm hungry all the time. OR when I workout late in the evening, I get really ravenous the next morning. :/
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I usually just eat when I'm hungry,but my pattern goes something like this:

10-11 am breakfast
    1-2 pm snack
    2-4 pm lunch
    8-10 pm dinner

It really just depends on what I ate and how busy I've been.
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    The real question is: When are you NOT hungry???

I'm always hungry, but now that I'm on a normal work schedule I'm settling on:

5AM breakfast/coffee (if I don't bike to the train station)
    830AM snack/coffee (or breakfast if I didn't eat at 5)
    12Noon lunch
    4PM dinner
    6PM glass of wine
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Before breakfast, around 4-5PM and around 9PM.

So not really at meal times. Annoying.
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I have no general time. Sometimes I don't eat dinner...even if I'm not fasting that day. Many times I don't eat breakfast. Sometimes I'm hungry late night. Other times around 3-4 pm in the afternoon.

I'm consistently inconsistent. I log my food everyday, but I can't guarantee that the food marked "lunch" doesn't actually fall into the "dinner range" and the dinner may or may not happen at midnight. Or not at all...lol.
  • deviantcupcake
    deviantcupcake Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm rarely hungry until the evening. That's when I usually relax and actually enjoy eating.
    In the morning, it's a good hour or two before I can contemplate anything other than coffee. Even by lunchtime I'm not usually hungry. Lunch is usually eaten either at my desk whilst working, so I don't enjoy it and don't want to eat much. A cup-a-soup will do me in that situation. If lunch is eaten with other people in work, I'm funny about people seeing me eat so I don't eat much then, either. Probably just a sandwich.
    Dinner is the best meal of my day. I'm out of work, I'll have chilled out and my tummy will finally start to rumble. I can relax with my other half (who's usually cooked the dinner for us, which makes it taste better!) and really enjoy what I'm having.
  • wareje
    wareje Posts: 42
    Options
    Workdays im ALWAYS hungry, constantly watching the clock for food time! I stick to my schedule though and I work 20km away from any food sources so I eat what I pack.

6am breakfast
    9am second breakfast
    12pm lunch
    3-4pm snack
    6pm knock off YAY & 7pm work out
    8pm dinner - least hungry after a work out and can generally be satisfied with a protien shake for dinner.

when Im on break though I eat alot less..

8-9am breakfast
    12pm lunch
    snack some time in the afternoon depending on what i'm up to
    same goes with dinner... i work out twice daily on days off (generally a gym class and a half hour run)
    im hardly ever thinking of food as im keeping busy with things i enjoy.

when im on dreaded NIGHT SHIFT though I normally eat eeeeeverything iv packed for lunch before midnight and then dont eat until I get home at 7am. boredom strikes i think..
  • moonshadows72
    moonshadows72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    not hungry first thing in the morning, it usually hits me about 1-2 hrs after im up. then again around 10:30 ish... then not till about 7.

regardless of what time it is, every time I finish at the gym, I find myself ravenously searching for food!
  • calaz84
    calaz84 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It is so interesting how everyone is different! I'm not hungry at night, unless I stay up late. I think this is partly a mental thing, too...

Also, I eat more when I don't work out (also another mental thing!).

The mind is a very powerful thing!

Im the same as you I eat more when I don't workout. And right around 2:30-3:30 I'm starving I think its just being board!!