Weightloss starts with a first step

Options
rstar72
rstar72 Posts: 5 Member
This is my first step! I am finally ready to lose this weight that I have been holding on to for the past 40 years.
I don't remember a time when I was slim or fit, and I want to know what that feels like. I want to have energy, I want to live a fulfilled life. I know all the tricks, the diets, everything there is. I always start strong and then give up. But this time, I am not failing myself.
Because that is what giving up really is.. I cheat no one except myself , my health, my life. This is me, being real ..

Replies

• mscott1781
    mscott1781 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more! This is the first step towards the rest of your happier, healthier life. I feel much the same way but for me, the first step isn't the issue. It's the ones that come after that that get me! A word of advice...tell everyone close to you what you're doing. That you're tracking here online and trying to be healthier. It's something that I always avoided in my own past because I didn't want anyone looking down on me when I innevitably fell off the bandwagon. But when I did, there was no one there to encourage me to get back on! I need that accountability. I think everyone does.
  • rstar72
    rstar72 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think that's a great idea. Scary.. but great idea.
    So true, it's the next few steps where you need the push......