I'm going to eat 1000 calories for lunch today

Options
nvpixie
nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
So-I'm going out for all-you-can-eat sushi with some work friends for lunch. I've already planned out my favorites to order and logged them. I'm sure I'll stick to it more or less. It comes out to about 1000 calories. I'm super excited because I've been craving sushi, but I'm slightly feeling guilty about eating 1000 calories all in one sitting!

I had to post here just to get it off my chest so I could go out and enjoy lunch without the guilt. :ohwell:

Replies

• Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I eat 800- 1000 calories breakfasts all the time, so don't feel bad. :)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Love sushi.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options

Yeah, I guess I really shouldn't worry about it. Back in the day when I wasn't logging calories, I would go out an not have any idea about the calories, and I wouldn't gain weight just because of that one day. Darn logging makes me obsessive sometimes :grumble:
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Not a big deal I typically eat about 800 calories per meal. If you are worried about going over just work out some more this evening.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options

Yeah, I guess I really shouldn't worry about it. Back in the day when I wasn't logging calories, I would go out an not have any idea about the calories, and I wouldn't gain weight just because of that one day. Darn logging makes me obsessive sometimes :grumble:

I understand. Eating 1000 in one meal can be a lot of you eat lots of smaller meals throughout the day. I guess I see it from a perspective of eating only two meals a day (I hate snacking) so I can see how 1k for lunch is worrisome.
  • greginnd
    greginnd Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love sushi too. A lot of calories are in the rice. I love the fish most of all so I will usually order a little sushi and lots of sashimi. If you can't do the fish without the rice, try eating the sushi leaving half the rice. You can bite the top and bite into half the rice ball. Rolls are harder to eliminate the rice from.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it guilt free. My lunch is usually 800- 900 & so is my dinner. Then there are the days when i eat what i really like. Sushi is good!
  • Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    It's Chinese food. It'll go through you so fast, your body wont even see half those calories! LOL
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    It's Chinese food. It'll go through you so fast, your body wont even see half those calories! LOL

Sushi is Japanese :laugh:
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
    Options

Sushi is Japanese rotfl!
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    my lunch is always 1200 plus!! enjoyyy.the bigger the meal the larger the fat burning muscle building response!! it took me centuries to get this!!!:)
    Kristian Rocco
  • adwilliams03
    adwilliams03 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Good for you for planning it and working it all out ahead of time! :)
  • Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options

Sushi is Japanese rotfl!

It's all the same.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    only 1k? That's not even trying lol.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    work out later ...... enjoy lunch :drinker:
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter how many calories you eat in one sitting. As long as you're under your total calorie goal for the day, your weight loss won't be affected. Enjoy the *kitten* out of it.

(Actually....depending on what you have your settings at....you could even go a bit past your daily calorie goal and likely still be at a deficit)
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options

Sushi is Japanese rotfl!

It's all the same.

derp
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Great planning! Enjoy =)
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    my lunch is always 1200 plus!! enjoyyy.the bigger the meal the larger the fat burning muscle building response!! it took me centuries to get this!!!:)
    Kristian Rocco

Centuries? You look awesome for your age!!! I want to look like you when I get that old! :laugh:
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    I too had 1000 calories for lunch. A big bowl of sticky chicken thighs and garbanzo beans. 1k is really easy to do.