need some motivation

Options
I used to go to the gym each morning at 7am. it is now 7.20 and i'm still contemplating whether I should go to the gym or not; i haven't been in a week but i just don't feel like getting up and running.

I wish I had someone call me each morning and just tell me "GET YOUR LAZY *kitten* TO THE GYM!" lol.

Replies

• mpos
    mpos Posts: 55
    Options
    I used to go to the gym each morning at 7am. it is now 7.20 and i'm still contemplating whether I should go to the gym or not; i haven't been in a week but i just don't feel like getting up and running.

I wish I had someone call me each morning and just tell me "GET YOUR LAZY *kitten* TO THE GYM!" lol.

Well, this is not a phone call but if it helps - so be it!!!!

:explode: "GET THAT BODY TO THE GYM! MOVE IT OR LET THE FAT STAY IN YOU" :explode:

And when you do finish your workout :flowerforyou: give yourself a pat on the back :wink:
  • m012192
    m012192 Posts: 45
    Options
    hhah.. thank you.
    I am actually just about to get dressed:)
  • LisaKC
    LisaKC Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    You might want to develop a Plan B for those days you just don't make it to the gym for whatever reason. That way, you'll know that you'll be getting in a workout either way. I gave up on the gym more than a year ago, but I have several at-home options for those days when it's too hot or humid to bike or walk. Exercise videos are a cheap way to go.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options

Ditto! I've done this the past 2 mornings and finally this morning I got up & went...but stopped after a mile bc it didn't matter if I stopped, not like I was hurting anybody else since both of my running partners are now MIA. :ohwell:
  • Bighank7752
    Options
    Here is a message from an old guy. Think of it this way. You can sleep in or not. It is your choice. You can go to the gym or not, it is your choice. To ask that someone should call you to get to the gym is a bad choice. Fitness, diet, anything you wnat to do is an internal process. You have to ask yourself, what is it I want? Then do the two D's. First decide, then dedicate yourself to that decision.

Get up, ask yourself, every day, what is it I want. Then make it happen. I made bad decisions all my life and woke up at he ripe old age of 58 and weighed 479 lbs. Then I decided to do something about it. I had gastric bypass surgery and dedicated myself to working the program. I have lost over 200 lbs and feel great.

However, I lost about 10 years of living. Trust me when you are obese you lose some opportunities to live. When you are morbidly obese, as I was, you lose years of living.

Good luck, and work hard. It is worth it.

Harold
  • m012192
    m012192 Posts: 45
    Options
    I do agree with you. But I was obese before too, 5'9 and 236 lbs at age 16-17. I got throught that with my own determination. But now that I'm getting healthier and busier with school and work, I just don't feel like getting to the gym so early. I'm working past it, but for me, it makes me feel better when there's someone telling me to get to the gym b/c they care about me and want me to be happy.
    thanks for the imput though.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Here is a message from an old guy. Think of it this way. You can sleep in or not. It is your choice. You can go to the gym or not, it is your choice. To ask that someone should call you to get to the gym is a bad choice. Fitness, diet, anything you wnat to do is an internal process. You have to ask yourself, what is it I want? Then do the two D's. First decide, then dedicate yourself to that decision.

Get up, ask yourself, every day, what is it I want. Then make it happen. I made bad decisions all my life and woke up at he ripe old age of 58 and weighed 479 lbs. Then I decided to do something about it. I had gastric bypass surgery and dedicated myself to working the program. I have lost over 200 lbs and feel great.

However, I lost about 10 years of living. Trust me when you are obese you lose some opportunities to live. When you are morbidly obese, as I was, you lose years of living.

Good luck, and work hard. It is worth it.

Harold

Way to go on your WISE decision take action to better your quality of life!
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    You know you'll feel better after you work out.

As Nike says "Just Do It!". Don't think too hard about it, just go.

I agree with Harold, I walk or run every day at lunch. One or two people join me when I walk if I ask then if they want to come. If I don't ask/go, they don't walk. I think that is sort of sad. You have to focus, get in the zone and do it for yourself.

BTW, I am the slimmest of those that walk with me....wonder how that happened??

Good luck.