New to MFP

Options
I've been wanting to tackle this for some time now and finally have gotten the motivation to jump in. Found MFP by looking for a calorie counter and have taken to it. I've synced up with Runtastic and Expresso and am liking these features.
I've been reading various posts and I am really glad to see the level of activity and support. Hope I can join in and do the same. I started a week ago and have lost 8 pounds. But those first few pounds are always easy. Now its time to get to work! Looking for some friends to help me along and I will do the same. Here we go!

Replies

• malmbr
    malmbr Posts: 26
    Options
    8 lbs in a week is still pretty awesome and a good motivator! I've been building a great support group in the last week - glad to welcome you as part of it!
  • Cycotic
    Cycotic Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks!
  • jeni_cakes
    jeni_cakes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jenny...feel free to add me as a friend. New (again) to this site and am looking to give and receive motivation and support.
  • zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome! I'll send you a friend request over.

I've been at this for a little over a year. I've lost close to 70 here and another 5-10 on my own before that. The biggest thing to remember is that it didn't all pile on overnight, so don't expect it to come off that fast either.
  • Jeffrey_S
    Jeffrey_S Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You've joined a great support network here, Cycotic. I'm about where your weight is now and have almost the same end goal, but I've dropped about 40 pounds so far this year to get to this point. I've not found another more effective tool for losing weight by adopting a healthy lifestyle.

Best of luck in your journey, and please know I'm always willing to add anyone who is serious about achieving and helping others achieve their fitness goals.
  • keried1
    keried1 Posts: 3
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. I just started also so any support I can help with be happy too
  • donrdon
    donrdon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You've found a great site and a bunch of great people. Been here a couple of years myself, lost about 65 pounds and looking to lose a few more. If you're looking for support and/or conversation, friend me if you'd like. Good luck on your journey.
  • strwberri5
    strwberri5 Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi I am new also to MFP, finding it hard to reach my intake calories. I am open to any suggestions :)
  • redwan2001
    redwan2001 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) the motivation and support you get on here really keeps you going and striving to push harder :) feel free to add me :)

Nadia