New to this and need more friends

Options
Hello, my name is Colleen. I am 260lbs, the biggest I have ever been. My goal is to lose 100lbs within one year. I have been eating 1200-1400 calories a day and exercising 3x a week. My best friend is on here, but I need more motivation and encouragement. I want to find friends that have set goals for themselves and are working hard to obtain them. I am 23 and last year I weighed 210. I gained 50lbs when I moved back in with my bf because he eats a lot of junk food and never gains weight. It is my own fault though, I can always say no to the junk he eats and be more healthy but it is hard to turn down. In High School I weighed only 180! Since February though, I've thought about how gross I feel and how much smaller, but still overweight I was last year, and I've just had enough. I have quit drinking soda completely. I haven't had it since April 25th and I don't plain on it either. I've also quit eating Ice Cream, cold turkey, which was hard because I could eat a pint a day. I was probably consuming 3000 calories and maybe more a day a few weeks ago. I don't know where this will power came from but it is here to stay. I already feel better eating 1200-1400 calories a day. I am working on my sleeping routine now so that I can exercise earlier in the mornings, not just late afternoon and evenings. I would love to find friends local and far off to discuss and talk to about goals, recipes, exercises and more! I can't wait to hear some feedback. Add me on here or on Facebook....search Colleen G Austin in Panama City, FL. Thanks!

Replies

• JacobK254
    JacobK254 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I sent you a friend request.
  • alexandraaah
    alexandraaah Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :) I'll add you! :) Im always on the lookout for new friends :)
  • roxy_babya2
    roxy_babya2 Posts: 31
    Options
    Thanks!
  • marydhastings
    marydhastings Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I gained 50lbs when I moved back in with my bf because he eats a lot of junk food and never gains weight. It is my own fault though, I can always say no to the junk he eats and be more healthy but it is hard to turn

GIRL, I feel you on that! When I was at my peak working out everyday and eating right I was happiest and when I moved in why my boyfriend, who eats fast food like EVERYDAY, I too, gave into temptation.
    I'm on the road to recovery now as well :P
    I do know a lot about eating right and exercise through research though, so if you have any questions or need tips, I'm your gal! (:
  • roxy_babya2
    roxy_babya2 Posts: 31
    Options
    Thanks Mary! I appreciate it!! I would love to be friends on here and discuss details! Thanks again!
  • chineyLuv
    chineyLuv Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm always open to new friends :smile:

feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • Forest777
    Forest777 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Added you. Always looking for new friends! Welcome! :smile:
  • NicheGuy
    NicheGuy Posts: 58
    Options
    Friend request sent...... anyone, feel free to add me. I have a great group of friends and always looking for more !!
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me... always looking for new friends :laugh:
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    good on you for planning to stick to it.....that's half the battle won, right there!!!!....I know you will do it......I just turned 43 and i'm 5'3" and i'm now 118lb, down from 172lb.....my goal is 115lb so i'm almost there.....it does get easier, if even it doesn't seem like that right now.....feel free to add me as a friend....:)
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    The calories you set for yourself are probably way to low. There is no reason to be miserable while working toward better health. I know you say you are happy with that amount and you might be happy with that for a while, but most people can't go that low and maintain a losing streak and when they quit they often will gain the weight back with a vengeance. Speaking from experience I know this story all to well.

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

You could probably lose at a pretty decent clip on 1800 calories a day. If you include a lot of fiber and protein in your diet you may not even experience very much hunger.

One more thing, 100 lbs is a great goal, but it can set you up for failure if you feel you aren't losing fast enough. Don't be afraid to go a bit slower and adjust to changes as you go.
  • MzPix
    MzPix Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi. We're near the same weight. Feel free to add me if you'd like. I'm trying to lose about 100, maybe a bit more, by my wedding next November (2014).
  • taylorckt1
    taylorckt1 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    feel free to send me a friend request! I am here to encourage, support, and share what I have learned on my own journey!
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    The calories you set for yourself are probably way to low. There is no reason to be miserable while working toward better health. I know you say you are happy with that amount and you might be happy with that for a while, but most people can't go that low and maintain a losing streak and when they quit they often will gain the weight back with a vengeance. Speaking from experience I know this story all to well.

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

You could probably lose at a pretty decent clip on 1800 calories a day. If you include a lot of fiber and protein in your diet you may not even experience very much hunger.

One more thing, 100 lbs is a great goal, but it can set you up for failure if you feel you aren't losing fast enough. Don't be afraid to go a bit slower and adjust to changes as you go.

All of this! And I will add you as well. I log daily and give motivation!
  • stark71
    stark71 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am new to this and would like to make new friends that are on same journey
  • kcl23
    kcl23 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm new too! I just started eating healthier a few days ago and I already lost a few pounds! Its great to see so many people with the same goals(: I'd love to talk to you anytime about any recipes and great sites to keep you motivated!
  • strwberri5
    strwberri5 Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi I am new also I will send you a friend request. I need input and motivation on this journey :)
  • lmb3171999
    lmb3171999 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Friend Request Sent

Hello,

I am in the same boat as you and looking for new friends. I was really surprised too about how good it feels to consume less calories. I'm trying to lose around 75lbs. The first ten flew off and now I'm losing at a much slower speed. I love this site and wish I had learned about it long ago! Good luck in your weight loss and have a great day!

Laura
  • brancath
    brancath Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am fairly new to this, too, and always looking for more friends to stay motivated with....feel free to add me!
  • what_lola_wants
    what_lola_wants Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)