Work outs for the Mommies!!!

Options
I have good news! I have decided to sit down with my hubby (for his assistance) on making a work out plan aimed at MOMS!!!

So no more excuses Mommies!!! I'm comin for ya!!

Replies

• Ladyinwaiting4
    Ladyinwaiting4 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I am a mom to a 11 year old daughter. I am going to work on bumping up my work outs . eating my right calories is first
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I'm a Mom of two beautiful boys.. I think what has made me successful in my efforts is seeing for myself, first hand without being forced (or in other words pushing myself) that working out is not a chore. Now that I think about it, I'm kind of surprised at how I fit it all in :laugh:
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'm running some ideas right now...

--First and foremost I will make sure that you stay motivated. I think that is #1
    --It will be exercise programs that fit YOUR schedule.
    --Options to work out whenever and wherever you choose
    --The work out plans will be designed by an NSCA Certified Personal Trainer (My husband)
    --And of course, an affordable option that will work with any budget.

I am super stoked to be working on this. I have a plan to help motivate and meet fitness goals!! SUPER EXCITED!!
  • leeeasha
    leeeasha Posts: 2
    Options
    That'd be super great for me! Since becoming a mommy 7 months ago, it's just seems like there'e never enough hours in the day to fit in any exercising. I've got the diet thing down, for the most part, but I need to start toning and moving way more. I hope you can help motivate me!! :happy:
  • bigcrystal123
    bigcrystal123 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Im a mother of 2 boys and still have all the weight from them on my body and they r 4 & 2.i really wanna lose this weight and be healthier for my family and myself
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    Create your first workout to be good for any Mom on any budget (so basically no equipment or workouts that just use body weight for the strength bit).. then create a plan that incorporates equipment for those Mommies who live part time at the gym :P. I think one thing that demotivated me for the longest time was that I couldn't afford a gym, or dumbbells let alone anything else.. also time was a factor. Something short, sweet and to the point. I don't know very many starting mom's that either want to or can workout for longer than 25 mins a day.
  • JulesAlloggio
    Options
    Create your first workout to be good for any Mom on any budget (so basically no equipment or workouts that just use body weight for the strength bit).. then create a plan that incorporates equipment for those Mommies who live part time at the gym :P. I think one thing that demotivated me for the longest time was that I couldn't afford a gym, or dumbbells let alone anything else.. also time was a factor. Something short, sweet and to the point. I don't know very many starting mom's that either want to or can workout for longer than 25 mins a day.

Thank you so much! I will keep these ideas in mind. The part of "workout mommy corner" is actually being set up right now. I will be working with my hubby to make some programs to meet mommy requirements. Thank you so much for all the input =)

Anyone can add me, if you want to keep in touch =)
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i'm in. my weight ballooned horribly after my daughter was born almost 5 years ago. i'm counting my calories and eating better but it's just not enough. by the time i get home from work every night i'm burnt out.
  • hgambaro124
    hgambaro124 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This excites me i work full time and then go home to my 2 year old and feel like i never have anytime to workout so i'm looking forward to seeing what you have in mind :)
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Short workouts are also welcome since many of us are tight on time. Working full time means I work out when the kids are sleeping since I have limited time with them already.
  • FlowersInTheDirt
    FlowersInTheDirt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea!
  • JulesAlloggio
    Options
    I'm going to have the work outs be around 10-15 mins long. 3-4 days a week.

I'm a mom too so I know how hard it is. The best time for me to work out is at 9am... Oldest is at school and my almost 20 month old is watching TV. Its such a win win situation

I know EXACTLY how it feels =)

I will keep this post going and y'all updated.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    Anytime and bump :)