Should I eat this??

Options
Our cafeteria (AMAZING FOOD USUALLY) is serving this as an option for lunch today. What do you think?? Of course, being so high in calories, I'd need to eat super light tonight... But I just wanna hear your thoughts on if it's worth it or not!?

Carnita Burrito del Fuego
Flour Tortilla Wrap with Pork Carnitas, Mixed Peppers, Red Onions, Black Olives,
and Cheddar Jack Cheese

Regular $6.00
Serving: 1 Burrito KCal: 630, Fat: 31g (44% Cal), SatFat: 14g, TransFat: 0g,
Chol: 115mg, Sodium: 2020mg, Carbs: 46g, Sugars: 4g, Protein: 42g, Fiber: 4g
Contains milk, wheat, soy beans

Replies

• AmberWilkie
    Options
    I do not think so look at the sodium and fat levels they are awful! I would not eat that !
  • sharonuk10
    sharonuk10 Posts: 277
    Options
    YIKES!!! To me seems to be alot of cals as well as the fat and sodium would put me off.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    garbage. You could do a lot better for a lot less in just about everything that stomach ache in a tortilla has
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I agree with the above posts- I wouldn't do it. The sodium is crazy high!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    as delicious as it sounds I would go against... but that's me. Mainly b/c of the sodium.
  • mooz
    mooz Posts: 101
    Options
    I'd say...no, it's not worth it.

I think it's WAY too high in sodium. And it seems pretty high in cals and fat for 1 burrito.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Step away from that Burrito!
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    It sounds to me like you WANT to eat it, and it sounds delish! I say if you want it, go for it. Maybe eat half the burrito plus a light salad, and have half for dinner or tomorrow.

This is a lifestyle we are trying to do here... I don't know that I could go the rest of my life without eating burritos! Go for it; I've had worse lunches.

Sodium is high so please try to drink extra extra water today and tomorrow, you will be okay. (Unless you have hypertension or something, then maybe not!)
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Well, I wouldn't eat it just cause it doesn't sound that appealing to me! But after reading the nutrition facts, absolutely not!! the sodium is OUTRAGEOUS! I am all for "cheat" meals every once and a while---but wouldn't want to put that much sodium in my body at one time...Think of waking up in the morning and the feeling you would have. I know I can always tell when I ate like crap the day before!
  • StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    Wow definitely not, the sodium and fat content is awful! The sodium is nearly your whole day's allowance!!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I would just modify it. Take out half of the stuffing (pork) and toss it. Also, nix the olives as that is probably where a lot of the sodium comes from, also nix the cheese. Fill it up with extra veggies like lettuce and tomato if you can.
  • GirlTenney
    GirlTenney Posts: 33
    Options
    I would pass and have a salad and if you want a burrito go home and make a healthy one for dinner! Then you will know exactly what is in it!
  • Raina0512
    Raina0512 Posts: 216
    Options
    I agree. We do get to choose which ingredients we do/don't want... That may help a bit. ;) Thanks everyone!
  • gvcgoldmedal
    Options
    I say go for it. If we consistently deny ourselves the foods we love our diets will fail. Yes its very high in sodium and fat. But something like this once every couple of weeks isn't horrible. Eating one meal thats high in calories and sodium isn't going to throw you off track in the long run. Maybe exercise a bit more tonight to help offset the calorie count.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i would eat half and fill up on salad. it sounds delicious and i think people make way too big a deal about the sodium content. a once-a-week sodium splurge is not going to kill you. :)
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    i would eat half and fill up on salad. it sounds delicious and i think people make way too big a deal about the sodium content. a once-a-week sodium splurge is not going to kill you. :)
    I agree, but actually I'd eat the salad first so that when I got to the burrito I would be full faster and wouldn't eat it all. Then save the rest for another meal and do the same thing (salad first, part of burrito after).