Fat Yoga -- I love this!

Options

Replies

• fite4it
    fite4it Posts: 3
    Options
    hahaha! I have been wanting to do yoga...I asked the instructor if I was too big to do all that...NOPE~!
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    ha ha that is so funny, I love this :)
  • sdbart
    sdbart Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I love it!!!
  • kingkoopaluv
    kingkoopaluv Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    every shape and size can practice yoga!
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Yoga was the first thing I tried after too many years of zero activity. I fell in love the first class even though it was very difficult at first. 4 years later, it is my favorite class and is my time to re-connect with my inner child (even though I only get a yoga class in one or two times a week). I credit yoga with helping me find my balance (brain and body), helping keep me from injury, and showing me that I am able to achieve things (and positions) that I never knew I had in me.
    There is no such thing as too big for yoga.
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! I LOVE those. In fact, I'd really love to have a set! :laugh:
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    It's all fun and games until you're the fattest person in the yoga class...
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

which i will be on Monday...but not one part of me gives a rats crap, i've always wanted to try it so I am. I dare anyone to snicker when i'm trying to touch my toes...:angry:
  • sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options

which i will be on Monday...but not one part of me gives a rats crap, i've always wanted to try it so I am. I dare anyone to snicker when i'm trying to touch my toes...:angry:

It's not so bad, especially if you're keeping up. Just wear something you're comfortable (read: not self-conscious) in and focus on your own practice. It's really all about you in the moment, not what anyone else thinks of you.
  • cspinelli712
    cspinelli712 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have thought of taking beginners yoga but I am not sure what I can do since getting down on the floor is too much for me right now. I loved the picture!!!
  • zaftiggirl
    zaftiggirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    35n6hcw.jpg

Um, the one in the middle doing standing half moon? That is ME. Haha!
  • Portugueselove
    Portugueselove Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    hahaha! I have been wanting to do yoga...I asked the instructor if I was too big to do all that...NOPE~!

You are never too big to do yoga. At the gym i was the biggest one at 290 lbs, but i didn't care. I was more flexible than some skinny women in there. :D
  • shano25
    shano25 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm slim and there are a lot of women of all sizes at my studio who are much more flexible than me! As they always say in my class, the benefits aren't from how perfect you do the pose, but about how hard you push yourself. As long as you go as far as you can you're getting as much of the benefits from the pose as the freakishly flexible person next to you.
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options

You are never too big to do yoga. At the gym i was the biggest one at 290 lbs, but i didn't care. I was more flexible than some skinny women in there. :D

exactly. I first started yoga when I was pregnant and I was huuuuuge.
    Yoga isn't just about flexibility, it takes strength also and you can have that whether you're big or small :)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Where can you buy these?