do anyone else do this?

Options
blot their melted cheese?

i read an article in, like, high school that said if you blot your pizza, it could save you 50-100 calories and several fat grams per slice. so i started doing it. i remember once a friend and i went for pizza and i started to blot the whole thing and she slapped my hand saying, 'what are you doing? i want that pepperoni grease!' lol.

to this day i still continue to blot anything with melted cheese... pizza, nachos, quesadillas, etc. it is just habit. i don't really care if it saves me any calories or not, just wondered if anyone else does the same. :)

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I do! Just the sight of the grease makes my stomach revolt. When I make soup stock with chicken or turkey I put it in the fridge overnight and then scoop off the oil/fat before adding seasonings.
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I do and I blot anything fried!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    ALWAYS
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love fried food, but if I can see the grease I am blotting! :sick: I don't like to see it & know it will go in my body. I'm glad it does help to blot it at least a little! :laugh:
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options
    Heck yes. I started doing it for the same reason and i got into such a habit of it that I don't even want to get all that grease on my hands eating it! EW!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    egads! *does* not *do* (note to self: pay attention when typing topic line as there is no way to edit it...)
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i'm a blotter, yes.

you know what kind of grossed me out the other day? i had left a small block of peccorino cheese on the counter and it's been really hot. i put it back in the fridge and then when i pulled it out of the fridge this morning it had leeched some oil out and then that oil had solidified on the side of the container.

ick.

i scraped it off and ate it anyway. but still.
  • Chrissun
    Chrissun Posts: 148
    Options
    Of course...sometimes I turn the pizza box upside down before opening it and let the cardboard soak up some of the grease.=)
  • tnords
    tnords Posts: 9
    Options
    Yep I'm a blotter - but more for my stomach and not so much for calories. That much greese just feels nasty.