40 pounds gone in 5 months- with pics!

Options
meganfoster12
meganfoster12 Posts: 411 Member
Hey everyone! I have been on this weight loss journey for 5 months now and I must say I am glad I did it:) On January 12th, I found out that if I didn't get healthy I could be died by 25 and guess what I am only 18!!! It scared me and motivated me to push hard and succeed:) I have overcame many obstacles in this journey, I have learned lots but the important thing is I don't make excuses! If I missed a workout I get in later or a double up on a workout, I slip up and eat something unhealthy I fix the problem and I have gone from being an emotional eater to now I exercise when my emotions are all out of whack :) I still have a ways to go; actually I have 120 pounds to go but I am too motivated to quite, too determined to fail and I am too proud to stop now:)
I started this journey with the photo left: weighing in at 309.8 pounds and a BMI of 47.6%!!! Now on the right I weigh in at 269.8 and I a BMI of around 40%!!!

I love sharing NSV; so here are a few:

1. I ran a mile and a half in 15 minutes and I used to never run!!!
2. I now fit into a size 20 jean and a size XL shirt its been a few years; was 23-24 jean and a 3XL top
3. I can now do "real pushups"
4. I have lost 40 inches!!!

308b8ty.jpg

Replies

• halips
    halips Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    fantastic job! keep up the hard work!
  • papillon71
    papillon71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Awesome effort - way to go! Keep going! :-)
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Awesome!

You see now that you can absolutely do it! Keep at it, you are doing great!
  • RunHappyMe
    RunHappyMe Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great work, keep it up! Congratulations.
  • StephTheBookworm
    StephTheBookworm Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Proud to be your friend! Keep kicking butt!
  • zdreamer
    zdreamer Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • tppchef
    tppchef Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Looking good my friend! I had no idea that you came so far all ready. Very inspiring!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!