Joined ages ago but only used app for a few days!!

Options
Hi folks

My name is Debbie and i'm a 42 year old mum of one. I've always struggled with my weight and have joined various slimming clubs but with no success. This site has been recommended to me and i've now got to the stage where i need to seriously do something about my weight - i'm back up to the weight i was after i had my daughter nearly 10 years ago!!!

I need to stick to 1200 caloires a day and need to incorporate exercise into my weekly routine. I have a gym/leisure club membership but feel too intimidated to use it at the minute and keep coming up with excuses not to go. I am however a single parent so i am restricted to what times i can go.

I'm only onto day 3 of using this app/site properly but i'm making sure i log on every day to track my food and read some of the posts in the community section.

I just really wanted to say hello to people and introduce myself.

Deb

Replies

• smoira
    smoira Posts: 12
    Options
    Hello and welcome, I can't face the gym ether, I have a exercise bike at home with I use I also do yoga I found an app on my kindle for the yoga and I really enjoy, also walking is good to do. hope this works out for you.x.
  • RandyOliver
    RandyOliver Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Deb, this app works use it!
    It has been slow and steady for me. I use the WII fit at home.
    But a friend that goes to the gym gave good advice, "Those people are not there to look at you, so dont worry about it"
    So get your *&%@ busy..
  • chandanders
    chandanders Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site!

I LOVE the app! It makes it too easy to stay on track because your phone is always on you, so there's no excuse for not logging.

Feel free to add me if you like, I'm always around to cheer you on!
  • bergpa
    bergpa Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a 40 something mom of an only child too. Feel free to add me.
  • debbieb1971
    debbieb1971 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I've been having a look for recipe ideas to stop me getting bored. There are some great ideas on this site.
  • jeanniemarie73
    jeanniemarie73 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi! Ima 39 year old mom and also joined ages ago but finally started using it regularly! It works! I am doing 1200 cal and trying to workout 4-5 days a week. 3 days a week in gym I walk/run on treadmill or do eliptical or spin. the otherdays I walk/run at home. You have to stop making excuses and get in the gym, everybody there is there for the same reasons so dont worry about it. You have to commit and give yourself that time. I used to also make excuses but found that the more I went then the more I enjoy it! I promise! I also enjoy it as it gives me a bit of time away from the little ones and I do need that "me' time! I will add you :)