OMG What Did I Just Do?

Options
So, I'm doing my C25K training with the Zombies, Run 5K training app, right? Just finished Wk 7 Day 1 yesterday and ran every step of my intervals. It was pretty intense too. So today I get up, and a friend of mine on FB posted something about a Color Me Rad 5K in my city THIS SATURDAY. I swear I've been looking on websites for months trying to find a color run. NOTHING CLOSER THAN 500 miles away. So. . . I signed up. I hope I don't die. I hope I don't come in DFL. I'm pretty sure I can do it. I know I can make the distance and if I have to walk part of it then I have to walk, right? EEEEK!

Replies

• DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! That race looks like it is about FUN and fitness, and who cares if you have to walk parf of your first 5k, LOTS and LOTS of people do it!!

Run, run, run!!
  • sammyneb
    sammyneb Posts: 257
    Options
    The color runs are all fun! I took my son last year and am actually taking him again this year (happens to be Saturday also!). It will be is his 4th 5K (he is 6) it would be a GREAT 5K for your first. It is not timed and you will actually kind of be forced to walk through the color stations (they get bogged down with people) so you can truely enjoy this one then sign up for another one that is timed down the road! HAVE FUN and if you aren't all colored at that end you did something wrong ;)
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I did color run last year (walked it due to health reasons) but I'm proud i completed my first 5 k and it was fun!
  • sherimosier
    sherimosier Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a runner, but my husband has become a running freak :-) I have been to many of his races and they are so inspiring and fun, it makes me try to run. Keep in mind - you do not have to run the whole thing to be a success. You signed up and you will go...that makes you a success. No matter what position you finish in, you are way ahead of those of us who do not do it at all :-)
  • pikamiya
    pikamiya Posts: 3
    Options
    Nice to see another zombie runner around here :) I was at Week 8 Run 1, but I restarted because I took two weeks off to move. Good luck!! I hope I'll run into a color run nearby me sometime soon :D
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I've never done one, but I get the impression the color runs aren't about setting PRs or running the whole thing - they seem more like going out and having a colorful party. Just go have fun =)
  • Brenda4105
    Brenda4105 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hey, if your able to run at all you can more than likely power walk it and do amazing. I know a lady that goes all over the place to compete in power walking events.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Awesome....have fun!! :happy:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I did The Color Run. You'll have fun! It's not a serious race at all, just enjoy yourself!
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    You'd be surprised how fast a 5K rolls by when there's lots of people to watch and you're in a supportive atmosphere. Just remember that everybody there as been in the EXACT same place as you and GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Nice to see another zombie runner around here :) I was at Week 8 Run 1, but I restarted because I took two weeks off to move. Good luck!! I hope I'll run into a color run nearby me sometime soon :D

Isn't Sam dreamy??
  • ALISHAWILLIAMSON
    ALISHAWILLIAMSON Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    So, I'm doing my C25K training with the Zombies, Run 5K training app, right? Just finished Wk 7 Day 1 yesterday and ran every step of my intervals. It was pretty intense too. So today I get up, and a friend of mine on FB posted something about a Color Me Rad 5K in my city THIS SATURDAY. I swear I've been looking on websites for months trying to find a color run. NOTHING CLOSER THAN 500 miles away. So. . . I signed up. I hope I don't die. I hope I don't come in DFL. I'm pretty sure I can do it. I know I can make the distance and if I have to walk part of it then I have to walk, right? EEEEK!

YEA! Good for you...what's running with the zombies?
  • dpollet2
    dpollet2 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Even if you run just a little you will not come in last, so don't worry about that. I always found that I improved my time during a race because of the adrenalin at the beginning and the sense of competition with the other runners.

I hadn't run in awhile and started doing the Zombie run training app too! I'm on Week 2 Run 2. It's so much fun! I can't wait to run everyday.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    The Color Runs have lots of people who just walk. It's more about having fun and being active and lots of color than it is about your time. You'll have an awesome time and congratulations on your success!
  • viajera99
    viajera99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Just remember: DFL >>>>>>>>> DNF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DNS!

(That's Did Not Start & Did Not Finish, jic)
  • action_figure
    Options
    Just remember: DFL >>>>>>>>> DNF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DNS!

(That's Did Not Start & Did Not Finish, jic)

I love this!
  • action_figure
    Options

YEA! Good for you...what's running with the zombies?

Zombies, Run! is an interactive game for iPhone and Android. They also have a 5K training app that I purchased. You get to hear a story while you run, and there are cues for when you walk and when you run. It's awesome.
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! :)
  • pikamiya
    pikamiya Posts: 3
    Options
    Sam really really is. I just got to the part (again) where he trained outside of Abel with me for the first time and I was all </3
  • action_figure
    Options
    Sam really really is. I just got to the part (again) where he trained outside of Abel with me for the first time and I was all </3

IKR?! Me too. And then later on when he was asking about the video game I was all "YES! TOTALLY!"