Looking for a few folks on a mission!

Options
I'm 5ft6 a female and 41. I started at 236lbs. I'm 3lbs away from being down 20lbs. I'd like to reach my goal weight of 151lbs by Dec. 29, 2013. I've decided to do something different and log my food. That has always been the hardest thing for me in the past. Myfitnesspal has made it easier to stick to. I've logged my food good or bad for the past 30 days. I've also bought the Bodymedia Fit 2 1/2 weeks ago and I'm loving it. I'm highly motivated and love to push myself. It would be great to connect with a few people who are in the position to continue to help push me by staying on track and logging in their food and exercise on a daily basis. I've recently moved from a big city in CA to very small town(3000 people) in OK. I'm finding that a lot of the people here are not that interested in health or getting fit. I'm a pretty straight forward kind of person. I told myself a few months back to stop talking about it and do what needs to be done...in other words no excuses and get to work. I'm looking for people that are committed to the process by doing the work. I'm hoping to find some folks like me out there.

Anyone on board is welcome to add me as a friend or if you know of any groups that you think would be good for me to join I would appreciate the suggestion:)

I wish you all health and success!

Replies

• dressed2killl
    Options
    I'm new to this board but I'm looking for an accountability partner and someone to keep me motivated as well. I just started turbofire on Monday and I have a goal to lose 50lbs by my 30th birthday in January! I'm from California.
  • Romey5
    Romey5 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi - I am 5'6" and 40yo. I am a California girl too, and remember how hard it was to move out of state (for 8 yrs then came back) and be around a community of people who were not in the same healthy mind-set that I grew up with. There were no gyms anywhere, and running was a nightmare because of the humidity and flying insects... sigh. That was 10 years ago.

On MFP I recently joined the 30 day squat challenge group which was fantastic and highly recommended! A new group should start up soon for that challenge. I plan to join the 30 day shred challenge come June. I also joined an AB Challenge group last week and it is a great targeted workout. My work/child care schedule is so crazy that I do not have any local work-out buddies so I really like joining the challenges to keep me active.

Sounds like you have alot of motivation to get going with, which is fantastic! I think you'll find MFP will help! I'll send you a friend request, I log on every day.

Best wishes on your success!
  • micahbree
    micahbree Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply...so you understand my pain. We moved down here for our son so he could play football for his uncle for high school. We are down 1yr and have 3 more to go. The good thing about being here is you don't have any healthy restaurants to choose from so I'm not very tempted to eat out unless I drive to Dallas for the weekend. Walmart is your only grocery choice. Thank goodness Dallas is only an hour and a half away so I drive there every other week to go to Trader Joe's and whole-foods. They think I'm crazy but I'm ok with that:bigsmile:
  • micahbree
    micahbree Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I'll send a friend request.
  • Romey5
    Romey5 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply...so you understand my pain. We moved down here for our son so he could play football for his uncle for high school. We are down 1yr and have 3 more to go. The good thing about being here is you don't have any healthy restaurants to choose from so I'm not very tempted to eat out unless I drive to Dallas for the weekend. Walmart is your only grocery choice. Thank goodness Dallas is only an hour and a half away so I drive there every other week to go to Trader Joe's and whole-foods. They think I'm crazy but I'm ok with that:bigsmile:

Wow! That is quite a move for just a few years. At least you are near family! I don't blame you one bit for making the 1.5 hr drive for groceries. I lived in LA (Louisiana) for several years... rural LA. WalMart was the only grocery as well, besides a commissary. Veggies were just not what we get in CA. I would drive to TX also, but further south to Beaumont as Dallas was too far. Nice you can get to a TJs!
  • dressed2killl
    Options
    Wow 1.5 drive for groceries is crazy! You really have to plan out your meals and make sure you have all the food you need.
  • Ladyinwaiting4
    Ladyinwaiting4 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I am interested in getting healthy and fit. am already planning on grocery shopping for healthy food. I want to have a healthier lifestyle like you I don't want to keep talking about it I want to do it.