Hey, new and looking for friends to motivate!

Options
Hey i'm L, and i've finally decided its about time i do something about my weight.
Currently weight 194lbs
Goal weight: 144 lbs

I'm going on a once in a life time holiday in september and would love to buy a new wardrobe and gain some confidence in the process. Looking for friends to help keep me motivated, and to generally talk to and share tips with :)

Replies

• marydhastings
    marydhastings Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    ooo where are you going? O:
    Feel free to add me (:
  • xonjro
    xonjro Posts: 9
    Options
    Starting off in New york to see a friend then off to thailand and vietnam :)
  • Pennys2
    Pennys2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Penny. I currently weigh 167.5 and my goal weight is undecided but I'm thinking between 135-140..:smile:
  • tigerlzzy
    tigerlzzy Posts: 1
    Options
    I too am just starting with this site.I could use alot of support and motivation especially with exercise.
  • lazyloser
    lazyloser Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I"m J and I am here for the long haul 100k looking to drop a cool 10k over the next 12 weeks and then another 10k there after.
  • rodeooo
    rodeooo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Lots of support here! Welcome and congrats on making the decision to lose weight, you won't regret it!! :smile:
  • MamaLaura38
    Options
    Hey L, I'm L! I was where you are when I started 3 years ago. I was 200 and today I am at 164, I dropped to a 10/12 pant size from 16/18. Still a ways to go (fell off the wagon for close to 6 months and gained some back ) but I am moving right along! 50 lbs in four months is a tall order and likely not recommended by your Dr. I would imagine. The trick is to make lifestyle changes that you can stick to in the long term. The two best things you can do to help yourself immediately is stop consuming processed foods (if there are more than 5-7 ingredients and any you can't pronounce, it's processed) and move your body more everyday than you currently are. If you don't have time or finances for the gym there are a ton of small things you can do throughout the day that will burn calories. Good luck!
  • 2help2getfit
    2help2getfit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm retired and got lazy. Now I need to get motivated to walk like I used too. I felt so much better when my weight was down and was active. Friends in my housing complex almost all have health issues. I feel if I find a partner to hike, kayak and possibly go trail bike riding, I could lose the extra weight I put on and stay active.........and, have a friend to share the great outdoors with.
  • BubbaKingDing
    Options
    New to this site also, feel free to add me, the more support the better !
  • Hunnergomeow
    Hunnergomeow Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this site as well, feel free to add me. (:
  • Shr3dded
    Shr3dded Posts: 232
    Options
    If you're actually going to try and push yourself, add me.

My diary is open and I will give you my honest input on any of your questions or concerns.

Please, if you're just going to doubt yourself and feel bad about yourself, don't add me.
    But if you do have a genuine urge to better yourself, and you really want it. Add away.
  • Jjcleveland62
    Jjcleveland62 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I really could use some supportive friends who can help give me suggestions and help me through this. I have a ways to go but know I can do it with help from my friends I was 244 Pounds and have lost 12
  • jeanniemarie73
    jeanniemarie73 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! Im Jeannie and new to the boards. Down 9 and looking to lose another 20-25.Super motivated and Always looking for new friends :)