Common to get more stretch marks as you loose weight? :(

Options
Hi guys just wondering cause this is really worrying me, i've also struggled with being 'skinny fat' I suppose would be the appropriate term carrying the body fat around my upper tummy. Because of this i had stretch marks kind of along my belly button line, however, i have been doing the shred, various other exercies and changing my diet significantly since I joined here last year and it was only really tonight i noticed more stretch mark lines on my upper tummy, now they aren't actually visible lines yet but more so markings of ones if that makes sense and its a cause for concern because i have been loosing but this makes me think otherwise...any advice on this matter..

Replies

1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I have heard of it happening that way. I knew one gal who never had any stretch marks until she lost weight. Maybe she always had them but they just weren't visible. Rosehip seed oil is very good for these. It does wonders on scars, sunspots, stretchmarks and the like. It does take time, but it does yield results. I had a bad scar that is now almost gone after using it for 4 months twice a day.
  • ChanceTakr2131
    Options
    They just become more visible. I have TONS of stretch marks and some extra skin on my tummy. Unfortunately, it's just what happens if you gain and then lose a significant amount of weight. :cry: Plastic surgery is the only fix.
  • woofers1803
    woofers1803 Posts: 23
    Options
    Happens all the time. I had no real stretch marks before I lost some weight, and now I feel like a freaking tiger. It's the skin trying to recover now that there is less fat filling it! Be proud of em. It means that you're making progress!
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    thanks for the advice, trying not to worry too much about it, know it seems miniscule but it was bugging me how i was getting em on my tummy again going to have to try out new exercises i think.
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks don't just come from gaining weight, they usually happen when you gain and lose, your skin has been stretch from being over weight and you will most likely see remnants of it the more you lose, especially for ones that have lost alot. Hydrate your skin and take care of it, and they should diminish a lot :)
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    thanks for the advice. :)