Recommendation for pedometer (or other gadget) UK

Options
I'd like to buy a pedometer or other monitoring gadget (a watch, armband or belt clip type thing) that I can use to measure more of my movement - I use the stairs a lot in a day and have no way of measuring the calories used. All the ones I can find advertised on here are US. I'm in the UK. I would like to be able to link it to MyFitnessPal.

So anyone got any recommendations?

Thanks
jo

Replies

• melw2910
    melw2910 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've got a fitbit which monitors steps, floors climbed, cals burned and sleep. Worth a look on amazon. Your other option is the body media band which is also really good
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Anyone know of a good heart rate monitor
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    You can buy the Bodymedia Fit old Advantage model marketed as Kifit. You can't use the Link or Core models though.
  • joho70
    joho70 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your answers. I'll take a look.
    Jo x
  • ciarabubs
    ciarabubs Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I bought a polar ft4 heart monitor/watch today, read some great reviews about it. Used it tonight when I went for a walk and I am really pleased with it. It told me if I was in the zone etc. I think you can link it to an iphone as well but not got round to it yet.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I bought a polar ft4 heart monitor/watch today, read some great reviews about it. Used it tonight when I went for a walk and I am really pleased with it. It told me if I was in the zone etc. I think you can link it to an iphone as well but not got round to it yet.
    Don't thi k the FT4 links to a phone.
  • wheezeybouncer
    wheezeybouncer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm looking at the Kelly Holmes Watch in Tesco

http://www.tesco.com/direct/kelly-holmes-pedometer-and-pulse-watch-purple/211-0681.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=211-0681

it's a whopping £13 (and still out of my budget with the 3 kids home for Easter!) Hope you find something that works for you :o)
  • Rag_Doll
    Rag_Doll Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I was about to post something similar, just wondered how you did finding a good one. I can only find comparisons sites for the US