around during my break just to help me burn some calories... :grumble:

I'm not sure if I should even try today, but I was really looking forward to
doing my Jillian Michaels DVD and I had McDonald's this morning! :sad:

:happy: Oh yeah! I got engaged today so that's a plus. :3

Replies

• Galloping4God
    Galloping4God Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! And I started yesterday....MAJOR cramps and I still did Level 2 of Jillian's 30 Day Shred.
  • lizlovestrees
    lizlovestrees Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    OMG Congrats on the engagement!!!! :)

As far as working out, movement actually makes cramps vanish! Maybe do some yoga so you aren't overdoing it but it will help! :)
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Congrats! I can't wait to be engaged... a few more months (I think, we already have the ring, it was my grandmothers. He has it, but the when is the surprise!)

I have massive cramps to the point of being doubled over and vomitting at that time of month... I push through and deal the best I can. I've found some holistic alternatives to pain pills and they are working wonders. I usually only take the pain pill at night when I don't want to be woken up from a dead sleep.

I start in 5 days, thanks for the reminder :sad:

Holistic Alternativ: Essential Oils. doTERRA "Solace" is made for menstruation and menopause symptoms. Been using it for 3 months and super pleased with not having to take pain pills constantly
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your engagement.. as for your rag, just exercise! You'll feel better after! Do that for 1+ cycles and you won't experience cramps anymore
  • kasafrass
    kasafrass Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your engagement! Working out is so hard to do when you have cramps, but it's actually one of the best things you can do to help soothe them!
  • RosemarieSenpai
    RosemarieSenpai Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your engagement.. as for your rag, just exercise! You'll feel better after! Do that for 1+ cycles and you won't experience cramps anymore

:happy: Thanks! So basically, just gotta get up and go? Any tips on breathing techniques?

Congrats!! And I started yesterday....MAJOR cramps and I still did Level 2 of Jillian's 30 Day Shred.
    :laugh: Thank-you! I got the 6 Week 6 Pack one! :smile: I'll definitely try to do it up later, I just need to find some hand weights around the house now.

OMG Congrats on the engagement!!!! :)

As far as working out, movement actually makes cramps vanish! Maybe do some yoga so you aren't overdoing it but it will help! :)
    Thanks!
    Yes! Yoga's great! Kinda wish I had a big chart of all the poses - unless I can scope for an app for that. :laugh: 'Tis also a stress-reliever to help people relax. Definitely something I look forward to doing maybe after my DVD workout.

Congrats! I can't wait to be engaged... a few more months (I think, we already have the ring, it was my grandmothers. He has it, but the when is the surprise!)

I have massive cramps to the point of being doubled over and vomitting at that time of month... I push through and deal the best I can. I've found some holistic alternatives to pain pills and they are working wonders. I usually only take the pain pill at night when I don't want to be woken up from a dead sleep.

I start in 5 days, thanks for the reminder :sad:

Holistic Alternativ: Essential Oils. doTERRA "Solace" is made for menstruation and menopause symptoms. Been using it for 3 months and super pleased with not having to take pain pills constantly

:happy: Thank-you!
    :noway: Dang, I almost had that type of cramps a couple years back. I had some unbearable pain where sounded and looked like I was in needed of an ambulance for some weird reason (didn't need one after).
    Sorry about that! <(n_n < ;;)
    I'll keep note of the doTERRA "Solace" stuff since I'm really scary when I PMS - luckily I managed to keep it somewhat under control last week by consuming bananas since it apparently helps.

Congrats on your engagement! Working out is so hard to do when you have cramps, but it's actually one of the best things you can do to help soothe them!
    Thank-you! Yeah, I'll give it a go. I'll try to pass that knowledge onto the next person and generation as well. :happy:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Just breathe as you would normally.. if you workout with music, make sure you listen to some.. maybe something upbeat (a song that makes you want to dance around DARE from Gorillaz is my go to for that kind of upbeat for e.g.) or if you are into some other kind of genre, you get what I mean.. Try to think about your breathing or your music or some other distraction.
  • marygee1951
    marygee1951 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    :yawn: Really? Seems to me you should know your body by now. Are you the type that lies on the couch during "TOM" or are you usually your same active self? If you're not sure, just ease into it a bit and see how your body handles it. If it's uncomfortable, stop.

Oh, congratulations on the engagement - what a great thing! I wish you all the happiness. :flowerforyou:
  • Naiaranc
    Naiaranc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! :drinker: :happy: :smile:
    Regarding the workout! You should! The cramp goes away, and you might even forget about the pain!