2 Years In Pursuit Of A Better Me!

Options
LeanerBeef
LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
Today marks 2 years since I first logged in to MyFitnessPal. If you would have told me on that 1st day that 2 years later I’d be down 95 pounds and would still be logging in, I would have told you that you were crazy!

I’ve learned so much over the past 2 years about health & fitness and more importantly about myself. It’s been quite a journey – yep, I said journey. Journey. Journey. Journey. LOL. I’ve learned that some people HATE the word journey when referring to the pursuit of one’s fitness goals. That’s ok, I ain’t made at ya. :drinker:

I’ve accomplished many things that I never thought possible for myself. I’ve completed 6 (or 7) 5k races, including a Mud Run. I went to a Crossfit “box”, I completed a Whole30, I’ve discussed fitness advice with people – jeez, I’ve even blogged about it. I’ve learned the difference between a “diet” and a “healthy diet”. The list goes on…lots of GREAT stuff!

You can look at my ticker and see that I haven’t reached my final weight loss goal. I’m not thrilled about that but it’s ok. It gives me something to continue to work towards. I’ve reached many goals and some very cool ones. I’m no longer concerned so much about developing health problems related to obesity. Most importantly, I’m now able to keep up with my kids – even outlast them sometimes. My day to day life is so much better thanks to these healthy changes.

I could go on, but really, who needs that? My only advice to anyone is to believe in yourself and believe you can do it. Obtaining your goals is not easy but it is as easy as making the right choices.

Thank you to every single person on this site that ever told me “nice job” or “great work”. I’m convinced that I would not have been successful without the support of this community. Thank you! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :wink:

a9aa130d-c00c-4c1f-8aa0-832b815928b7_zpsb41ee778.jpg

100_0697_zps495e8c6b.jpg

1beb06b8-34b6-46c5-81af-beca7cf537ff_zps7efc088e.jpg

runfall.jpg

clothescomp.jpg

921283_10200963270673466_718780281_o.jpg

I think that's enough pics......lol. Hopefully they work.

Replies

• jentarver
    jentarver Posts: 192
    Options
    Definitely have mad love for you buddy!
    You are one of the most inspirational peeps I know. Not only that, but you are diligent on supporting those around you. You should be extremely proud of how far you have come, and always look forward to the future. :drinker:
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Super proud of you Beef! We've been in this journey together for quite some time now, and you have always inspired me!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    "My only advice to anyone is to believe in yourself and believe you can do it. Obtaining your goals is not easy but it is as easy as making the right choices"

^^^LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Congratulations on 2 years and what you have accomplished! You are an awesome and inspiring MFP friend!
  • LeanerBeef
    Options
    You guys are all awesome! Thanks for the nice words and for being such great friends!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Well done.
  • aliciaaw
    aliciaaw Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Pad, yourself on the back cause you earn it and much more:wink:
  • angiinkc
    angiinkc Posts: 24
    Options
    Great job! I hope to be saying those same things two years from now.
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You look wonderful, and you have an incredible smile.
  • LeanerBeef
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    BEEFfffffffff!!!!! You are the most inspirational bud I have!! I am so proud of you. Love ya friend!!!
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! I am certain that your 2-year journey has been filled with problems, disappointments, aggravations, negative comments and setbacks only to be defeated by commitment, dedication, joy, fulfillment, positive support, and NSVs, congratulations.
  • cranium853
    cranium853 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Nice job. And great work. You are an inspiration.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!! Very inspirational!
  • LeanerBeef
    Options
    BEEFfffffffff!!!!! You are the most inspirational bud I have!! I am so proud of you. Love ya friend!!!

Right back at ya, Rosebud! <3
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Beef! Happy 2 years. You are amazing.

95 lbs.

You've lost 1/4 of a grass-fed cow! Well, not the hanging weight with the bones and all, but the packaged result of a 1/4 cow.

You've lost a starving celebrity like one of those Olsen twins.

You lost a 15 yr old me.

Congrats!
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!!!!! :)
  • LeanerBeef
    Options
    Beef! Happy 2 years. You are amazing.

95 lbs.

You've lost 1/4 of a grass-fed cow! Well, not the hanging weight with the bones and all, but the packaged result of a 1/4 cow.

You've lost a starving celebrity like one of those Olsen twins.

You lost a 15 yr old me.

Congrats!

Ahhh, thanks 'Bougs! You've been a great friend along the way!
  • lilunsure
    lilunsure Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations! You have done an awesome job...
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    You look great! A happy, healthy daddy - what a great present to your children! Congrats!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!