Too much sugar?

Options
I always seem to go over on my sugar intact. The allowance to so low and am quickly over after healthy cereal and fresh fruit which is all good for you. My fat and calorie totals are under but my sugar is always over. Should I worry about it?

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Probably not unless you have a medical condition that requires monitoring it. Sugar is a carb and you're already tracking those.
  • Bunniculette
    Bunniculette Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Nah, if you eat fruit, you're going to exceed the preset sugar allowances on MFP. A banana for breakfast if I'm in a rish blows mine away! You can go into your settings and switch SUGAR tracking for something else if it makes you crazy
  • OSHealthy
    OSHealthy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So what is the most important to monitor b/c my carbs are over too but fat and calories are...carbs are high in fruits too....hmmmm?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    So what is the most important to monitor b/c my carbs are over too but fat and calories are...carbs are high in fruits too....hmmmm?

In regards to weight loss, calories are what matters. I also focus on protein and fats. I let the carbs fall where they may after that.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Probably not unless you have a medical condition that requires monitoring it. Sugar is a carb and you're already tracking those.

^^this.

Just stop tracking it.
  • 1tiamat
    1tiamat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I would just say it helps you be aware of what you are consuming. If you go over sugar because you have a banana or a bunch of fruit I wouldn't worry. If those sugars are from highly processed foods, cereal, sloppy joes or other foods with lots of processes sugar I would try and cut it down.

It all depends on where it comes from, the more natural the better.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i try to stay around the sugar setting but it does not bother me one way or the other if I go over....
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I go over on sugar literally every single day and don't even care.

It really doesn't matter. It's pretty much the least important thing you could track unless you're diabetic.

There's nothing wrong with sloppy joes or other foods with lots of sugar, either. Don't let people scare you away from foods you love because of silly reasons like "it's not as natural" or whatever. Hit your macros and eff the haters.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I had 68g of sugar today, 112g yesterday, and 128g the day before that. Makes no difference. Also in the past 3 days I've had McDonald's (three times), Taco Bell, and ice cream.
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I always seem to go over on my sugar intact. The allowance to so low and am quickly over after healthy cereal and fresh fruit which is all good for you. My fat and calorie totals are under but my sugar is always over. Should I worry about it?
    [/quote

i personally watch my sugar very close i never go over... when i have i noticed my weight loss slows way down. there are certain fruits that have a lot more sugar than others for example berries (straw, blue, rasp, black), apricots and peaches, and apples have the lowest sugar content. Grapes, orange, pineapple, cherries, and bananas are on the high end of the sugar.
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    [/quote

i personally watch my sugar very close i never go over... when i have i noticed my weight loss slows way down. there are certain fruits that have a lot more sugar than others for example berries (straw, blue, rasp, black), apricots and peaches, and apples have the lowest sugar content. Grapes, orange, pineapple, cherries, and bananas are on the high end of the sugar.

Yup a banana and two apples and Whomp I'm 100g over! I don't like it but it is natural sugar, not refined empty calorie stuff. :bigsmile:
  • Jolene8992
    Jolene8992 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I ignore it. Way too unrealistic
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Unless it is processed sugar, HFCS, fructose (not in fruit form) I wouldn't worry about it. Sugars the come from actual fruit, veggies and milk are good for you.