Ideal protein

Options
Is anyone out there currently doing the Ideal Protein diet? I am about three weeks on program and would like support from those on the same path.

Replies

• kandi_apples
    kandi_apples Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    No one???
  • mikesgirl71
    mikesgirl71 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am! Sorry didn't check in yesterday. I started the first week of October last year and have lost 80 lbs. I started Phase 3 today. I would be glad to be your friend :)
  • corliss777
    corliss777 Posts: 12
    Options
    I just restarted the program today. It's a great program but hard to stay on for a long period of time. I'm hoping to make it ot matainence this time! Good luck to you.
  • trm1959v
    trm1959v Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I to am on week three. Its going okay, I have a thyroid condition and menopausal so I am thrilled to be down 13 lbs. I didn't think I would lose any but I am hanging in there. How have you liked the Walden Farms products? I don't have a strong sweet tooth so I find a lot of the products a bit to sweet so I've not been using too much. Are you doing any exercising? I try to take a walk each day but I am struggling with energy level, my coach says it should pass but the last two days I have been whipped. How has it been for you?
  • ejwetherby1
    ejwetherby1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started ideal protein 3 weeks ago. I'm on my 4th week. So far so good. Losing more inches than pounds. How are you doing on the diet?
  • ejwetherby1
    ejwetherby1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!!!
  • mikesgirl71
    mikesgirl71 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I lost inches or pounds, it seemed like! Lost 76 inches total, 81 lbs. I am on my 2nd week of phase 3, and then going on to maintenance. Good luck!!
  • lovelyinandout
    Options
    Hi, I started about the same time as you. I am also losing more inches than pounds. I've lost 16 inches so far. I feel great and my clothes are fitting loose. If you would like to exchange recipes and or offer support to one another. Contact me back:smile:
  • corliss777
    Options
    I like some of the walden farms products but to be honest I haven't tried many. Something about a no calorie food make me nervous. My favorite dressings are the Bacon Ranch and the Honey Mustard. The peanut butter is disgusting. And the chocolate dip is good to mix with some of the other chocolate products. I AM exercising this time. When I first did the program I didn't at all and it was a big mistake. Right now I just do cardio walk, jog a little for no more than 45 minutes.
  • trm1959v
    trm1959v Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind me asking why do you think it was a mistake not exercising the first time. I use to go for a run in the evening I can get into walking I've tried it just seems so slow paced for me mentally.
  • corliss777
    Options
    Well when I stopped the diet during and after the holidays. I had decided to start working out and hire a personal trainer. After not exercising for like 7 months, it was extremely hard and I felt like my muscles had to "wakeup again". Also u will loose some muscle doing this diet or any diet and maybe more if you don't workout. I was jogging before I got back on the program. But now I find it much harder!! Sometimes I will get a muscle cramp or my joints start to hurt probably because im not getting as much nutrition as I use to and the low amount of calories. I also find for me, exercising on this diet increases my hunger more than anything. So sometimes I will eat extra protein but my body really wants carbs after I exercise. I know its my metabolism talking. BUT... i'm speaking for myself. It maybe totally different for you and your body. IF you on the diet for a few months, not exercising may not hurt you. But I have alot to lose and will probably be on phase one for 6 or 7 months.
  • anbrim
    anbrim Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I've been on IP for 4 weeks now and am down 13 lbs and 9.75 inches. Over Mother's Day weekend (also my birthday weekend) I cheated. This set me back almost 4 days and I didn't lose any body fat the last 2 weeks! NEVER CHEATING AGAIN! Sooooo not worth it. I finally saw the scale move 4 days ago and I dropped 3.4 lbs from last week which I'm happy about however no body fat! =( I'm going to test myself tonight to see if I'm back in Ketosis.

Good luck everyone!

Follow my journey on IP at: http://ugottajustkeepmovingforward.blogspot.com/
  • christie_philpott
    Options
    Hi anbrim

Im happy you shared your page...
  • laurievang
    Options
    Last year I lost over 70 lbs on Ideal Protein. I felt absolutely fantastic and looked great! I actually went 10 lbs under my goal weight, as I was able to still lose weight, and loved the success! The best part of Ideal Protein is that I finally found out what healthy eating is all about. I continue to CRAVE salads, and use only olive oil and vinegar. I continue to bring fresh veggies and salads to work with me, and I have gone back on the diet after a cruise/European vacation this year (when I could not resist all the fabulous breads and wines), in order to get back on track on to my personal goal. I always feel so much better when I stay away from processed foods and bread/starches. I had tried many diets over the years (Atkins, HCG, Weight Watchers, etc) and Ideal Protein was the only protocol which actually taught me about healthy, reasonable eating habits. Keep searching for recipes for Ideal Protein products - it makes using the products even more enjoyable! I love having the pudding at night, and to stretch it even further, I use 6 oz of water, several ice cubes, a packet of pudding, and then either Caramel or Chocolate syrup (or dip). Blend it up for several minutes, and you will have about 12 ounces of a great tasting mousse-consistency dessert! (The vanilla/caramel mix is my favorite!) I also make a cup of dark coffee at night, and in the morning, add ice cubes and a packet of either IP Cappuchino or Chocoate Drink mix -- 12 ounces of a great iced frappe! I bought a Bella 20 pc Rocket Blender for less than $20 at Sam's Club - it works great for these recipes and more!
  • caymanapril
    caymanapril Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second day of alternative Phase 1...so far, I'm doing okay but weirdly struggling to eat all the food my coach says I have to. Seems strange for that to be a problem.
  • sjerrott
    sjerrott Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm on week three and down 8 pounds - found it terrible for the first two weeks but I'm getting used to it now I think.