motivation?

Options
I cant seem to be motivated lately with what has been going on.

What is the best way to stay motivated? and to keep it going.

Replies

• nomorepizza2
    nomorepizza2 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Do you mean what's been going on in your life or in the sorry state of the world in general?
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I've been reading a lot of the stories on here. Not wanting to be the weight I used to be is also a motivator.
  • Stow_Nut_83
    Stow_Nut_83 Posts: 16
    Options
    Do you mean what's been going on in your life or in the sorry state of the world in general?

I mean the things going on in my life.
  • iceman7840
    iceman7840 Posts: 110
    Options
    Drive, determination and heart.
  • lklkl5
    lklkl5 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I think most of us go through this at one time or another, and some times are worse than others. I suggest looking at where you are, where you've been, and where you want to be. For me sometimes it just becomes mentally tiring, counting, calculating, planning meals, shopping, trying new food preparation etc... I have given myself a 2 day vacation and that has helped. I didn't go crazy and overeat or indulge, I just didn't focus all my attention on my food choices etc. i.e. a mental break. It isn't easy to stay focused so be sure and give yourself credit where it is due, that always helps motivate me as well.
  • cook6609
    cook6609 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I tend to have a visual personality. For my friend and also myself, we made little encouragement "posters" for each of us. We listed out goals (smaller goals: for example- mine was as follows..... mini goal-190, goal- 180, mini goal- 170, mini goal- 160, mini goal-150, goal-140, etc). I used different colors for the mini goals and "major" goals. I also put a picture of myself at my heaviest and a picture of my self at my current weight. I also put some of my favorite motivational quotes on it as well. I keep that posted above my desk to remind me of how far I've come.... I was just looking at the differences in my before picture and my current picture. It really does remind me that I'm doing the right thing.....

Keep going!!! Just keep logging, keep moving forward. I know I have days where I don't feel like counting calories, but I know that it's worth it in the end. You can do it!!!