who got ripped by just hitting calorie goals?

Options
Hi guys

New poster, but have been reading the forum for quite a while.

I have a question:
I know calories in < calories out makes you lose weight/fat, but my question is who of you have gotten ripped, like below 10% bodyfat by just counting calories, and not really worrying about macro goals?

-I mean of course there's some sort of minimum protein intake, but for the rest anything goes I presume?

-Did you implement other strategies like IF?

-How low did you need to take calories?

-What was your training routine like?

I'm a big fan of Brad Pilon, and his stance is that a prolonged deficit will eventually get you there and there are 2 things you must do to get ripped:
1) Have a calorie deficit
2) Do weight training to preserve muscle mass

Any inpunt would be helpful.

Thanks

Replies

• LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Do you mean "just hitting calorie goals" as in not worrying about macros but still working out, or do you mean not working out at all and "getting ripped" through diet alone?

You mentioned weight training, is that something you intend to do?

Personally at the peak of my fitness/at my ideal physique, I was just counting calories and weight training. I didn't worry too much about macros (though I did try to get a lot of protein). I'm no bodybuilder though, the lowest my bf% has gotten so far is 20% (I'm a female). I have heard serious bodybuilders say that macros matter when you get to a super low bf%.
  • jnvdh06
    jnvdh06 Posts: 4
    Options
    Do you mean "just hitting calorie goals" as in not worrying about macros but still working out, or do you mean not working out at all and "getting ripped" through diet alone?
    - I meaning hitting calorie goals combined with weight training :)

I have gotten ripped before using more traditional bodybuilding methods. But don't care much about bodybuilding anymore, just want to live a normal life, eat foods I enjoy, and maintain a lean, ripped and fit physique
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I have gotten ripped before using more traditional bodybuilding methods. But don't care much about bodybuilding anymore, just want to live a normal life, eat foods I enjoy, and maintain a lean, ripped and fit physique

I think that is totally doable :)